Princess Visa card redemption question

can786

Does anyone know if there is anywhere on the Cruise Personalizer that will show the items you have gotten through redeeming points from the Princess Visa card? I redeemed points online for OBC on Saturday and got an error code at the end of the transaction. I called this afternoon and got a confirmation number, but I would feel better if I could see the OBC in writing somewhere. I checked the personalizer but could not find it on there.

I ordered an OBC on the 18th, and have yet to see it credited. There was a message on the confirmation page that all "gifts" will be presented in the stateroom and may be redeemed.... etc. I looked at my account today and see a pending status for shipment via UPS, so of course I'm totally confused.

Like Lenore, I'm going to print my conformation number, and take the phone number for customer service with me!

The shareholders OBC were credited the day after i sent in my proof of ownership. Thanks to aoo the CC'ers that shared that info.

Would love some info on this also. how far in advance did you call visa to redeem points? please post if you see them on your personalizer. thanks
You can redeem points directly on the Princess Visa website. I haven't redeemed any so far so I'd be interested in how it works too.

You have to redeem more than 15 days before your cruise. I did it at 14 days and I had to call customer service. They wouldn't let me redeem them because they said the system was locked at 15 days. But, they did let me redeem them for credit on my credit card. I figure that's the same thing.

You have to redeem more than 15 days before your cruise. I did it at 14 days and I had to call customer service. They wouldn't let me redeem them because they said the system was locked at 15 days. But, they did let me redeem them for credit on my credit card. I figure that's the same thing.
Ahhh... thanks. So if I want to redeem some points, I should do it in the next few days. I have almost 40,000 points but I'm not going to make that number for a $500 OBC in time so I might just wait for next year's cruise as then I'd have a lot more points to redeem. The more points, the better OBC value.

Wow! It seems everyone else is as in the dark about this as I am! Unfortunately, I don't even have a confirmation letter that I can print out as the error I got at the end of my order said something about not being able to send a confirmation e-mail to me. When I spoke to the people at Princess Visa redemption center today they were able to confirm that my account had been debited 40,000 points and give me a confirmation number, which of course I wrote down. As we will be on a European cruise it won't be easy to call them if there are any problems with the OBC showing up. I guess I just have to hope they get it right.

I called Princess and they e-mailed me a receipt for the OBC and the Balcony Breakfast I redeemed for. I could not see the credit in the cruise personalizer. I guess I'll know in 2 weeks if it worked!!

I redeemed my points and see it on the Cruise Personalizer. Here's what to do:

- Go to cruise personalizer

- sign in

- look on the right for "View my travel summary and boarding pass"

- click on "My Special Services"

- You should see it there if it went through

I redeemed points for 'Cash off a 'future' cruise' - 'credit' appeared against charges on my Visa Account right away!

More points were also redeemed for 'gifts - (ie: Ultimate Balc. B'kfst and Clock - those gifts appearer on the Cruise Personaizer under Special Services (to be deivered on my cruise).

I also printed out an e-mail from Lisa confirming my OBC for CCL stock - but nothing appears on my Cruise Personalizer???

For those that have gotten (extra) OBC for CCL Stock ownership - does the OBC show on your Cruise Personalizer and WHERE???

Other OBC (from my TA and also from Princess for the 'Goldmine Promo' and from FCC etc.etc. ) does not show up on my Cruise Personalizer ?? It's noted on my TA's receipt and will be bringing that along on the cruise.

This has happenned before and I always got the correct OBC - I check when I get onboard to be sure it IS on my shipboard account!

I redeemed points for 'Cash off a 'future' cruise' - 'credit' appeared against charges on my Visa Account right away!

More points were also redeemed for 'gifts - (ie: Ultimate Balc. B'kfst and Clock - those gifts appearer on the Cruise Personaizer under Special Services (to be deivered on my cruise).

I also printed out an e-mail from Lisa confirming my OBC for CCL stock - but nothing appears on my Cruise Personalizer???

For those that have gotten (extra) OBC for CCL Stock ownership - does the OBC show on your Cruise Personalizer and WHERE???

Other OBC (from my TA and also from Princess for the 'Goldmine Promo' and from FCC etc.etc. ) does not show up on my Cruise Personalizer ?? It's noted on my TA's receipt and will be bringing that along on the cruise.

This has happenned before and I always got the correct OBC - I check when I get onboard to be sure it IS on my shipboard account!

These are all good points, and if I may add... just be sure you know the total of your OBCs from different sources because your shipboard statement will lump it all into one figure. For example, on my recent cruise I had $100 OBC from my future cruise booking, $50 OBC from my TA and $60 OBC from the fuel surcharge refund and my statement simply showed a beginning balance of $-210. The OBCs did not show up individually on the statement.

For example, on my recent cruise I had $100 OBC from my future cruise booking, $50 OBC from my TA and $60 OBC from the fuel surcharge refund and my statement simply showed a beginning balance of $-210. The OBCs did not show up individually on the statement.

Ouch that hurts my head this early in the morning. :eek:

I redeemed my points and see it on the Cruise Personalizer. Here's what to do:

- Go to cruise personalizer

- sign in

- look on the right for "View my travel summary and boarding pass"

- click on "My Special Services"

- You should see it there if it went through

After reading this thread last night, I redeemed most of my points for an OBC on my upcoming Crown cruise. I got the same error message as mentioned so I called the Rewards Center this morning and it did indeed go through. The woman I talked to said it takes 5-10 business days for the OBC to show up in "My Special Services" and to look there.

The woman I talked to said it takes 5-10 business days for the OBC to show up in "My Special Services" and to look there.

Thanks Pam! I had to dig around to find My Special Services.

Its in the View my Travel Summary and Boarding Pass tab section.

mom8286, if you show proof of ownership of 100 shares of CCL Carnival, the parent company of Princess, you get OBC. I"m not sure if its always $100, or if it changes with the length of the cruise. Shares are down from recent highs, so 100 shares today would have been about $3250.

The webpage won't load for me, or I'd give you a link to the info. You just fax in your proof of ownership, and your booking number. This works for any Carnival line, HAL, Princess Carnival etc. RCL has a similar program.

CruiseKing posted this a couple of months ago:

I am cruising in April 08 and have redeemed points on-line for ship board credit. It is showing under the special services section of the on-line boarding pass/summary area as a gift.

I don't recall exactly but seem to remember that it is usually about 30 days prior to your sailing date. It may be earlier but as I said I really cannot recall the exact time frame. Not to worry though as it will show up.

Archived