Long Time Cruiser First Time Flier HELP!

Hogladyrider

Living in Central Florida we always drive to the ports.

Now its Alaska May 2009 and I need assistance on airfare from Seattle to Providence RI for my mom and Orlando FL for me.

Is it too early to book NOW, 11 months from sailing?

I have found $184 on United for my mom and $250 on Alaska Air for me - ONE WAYS.

We opted for the Seattle/Vancouver roundtrip bus transfer from Carnival as it is substantially less headaches flying in and out of Seattle and the bus transfer was a bargain and gurantees the ship will wait for us (can you tell I don't want to miss the cruise).

My gut tells me with the economy the way it is airfare is only going to go up and seats become fewer but I need some seasoned CC's opinions.

Thanks

Susan

I would RUN to book those fares.

While the flight times may move around a bit and flights get canceled, those are things you can deal with.

But I would lock in that fare as they can't change the fare on you once you purchase it. Everything else can, and probably will change, but at least you won't be paying any more for it.

Living in Central Florida we always drive to the ports.

Now its Alaska May 2009 and I need assistance on airfare from Seattle to Providence RI for my mom and Orlando FL for me.

Is it too early to book NOW, 11 months from sailing?

I have found $184 on United for my mom and $250 on Alaska Air for me - ONE WAYS.

We opted for the Seattle/Vancouver roundtrip bus transfer from Carnival as it is substantially less headaches flying in and out of Seattle and the bus transfer was a bargain and gurantees the ship will wait for us (can you tell I don't want to miss the cruise).

My gut tells me with the economy the way it is airfare is only going to go up and seats become fewer but I need some seasoned CC's opinions.

Thanks

Susan

BOOK NOW!!!

The fares you are quoting are god. You are unlikely to do significantly better, but there is a good chance fares will go up alot.

BTW, Carnival does not guarentee the ship will wait for you if ou are late.

Even at the optimal time, such fares are considered very reasonable fares. :)

You mean it is one-way from Orlando to Seattle, I assume.

Are you doing the NB cruise from Vancouver to Seward?

You also need to book the Anchorage to Orlando fare of course - that should be more expensive than your Orlando to Seattle. Just keep that in mind.

Edit:

I may have misunderstood your post - you are sailing round trip Vancouver? so are you booking one-way MCO/SEA or roundtrip MCO/SEA/MCO?

Thanks to all who replied, it was exactly the feedback I was looking for.

It is so refreshing to know CC people come thru.

I did book the flights and it is amazing the relief I feel having accomplished two pieces of the pie!

We are doing the roundtrip Vancouver-Vancouver Inside Passage cruise on Carnival 5/6/09 return 5/13/09.

After much research on flying into Vancouver and feedback from the boards, it is much more reasonable to fly into Seattle and then onto Vancouver via bus, train or car rental it was an additional $200 pp to fly into Vancouver and then deal with luggage and customs etc and a cab to the port.

I will be traveling with my mom who is a fit 80, but still 80 and I opted to purchase the $99 roundtrip bus transfer Seattle-Vancouver-Seattle from Carnival for both of us and then we have the no touch luggage and no headache customs and we get dropped off and picked up at the ship. We just have to be at the Seattle airport the day of departure between 8 am and 11 am when the first bus transfer departs for Vancouver.

We will fly into Seattle the day before the cruise. Originally I had wanted to fly into Vancouver the day before but hey I've never been to Seattle so I can sight see there and do Vancouver next trip.

I am pleased with the choices I've made so far and extremely happy with all the feed back I received on CC.

I booked my mom $184 on United Seattle to Providence RI (one way) with one stop in Washington Dulles to get home after the cruise.

I booked for me $249.50 on Alaska Air Seattle to Orlando (one way) non stop to get home after the cruise.

I had $300 pp one way in our budgets so it's a done deal at this point.

Our pre cruise flights will be easier, as we are flying into Orange County, CA to visit with my mom's sister and then onto Seattle and Southwest flies into both of those airports but they haven't opened up the dates yet but in the mean time if I find reasonable fares for those legs rest assured I will be booking now.

Thanks again to ALL!

Susan:)

PS- I guess it's similar to booking a cruise early, which I always do as well, just a new adventure in life for me.

Archived