AA open new direct flight from BWI/SJU

Katfncy

Just this morning I believe American Airlines opened up a new direct flight from BWI to SJU. It leaves at 10:30 and arrives at 3:10 PM and on return it leaves at 3:00 and arrives back in BWI at 7:00 PM. What a great flight. Called American Airlines and had it changes as I originally had a direct flight from IAD and it was changed to a layover in Miami. It didn't cost me a thing and I wasn't changed with my baggage costs. We first booked our flights when there was no baggage charges. So for anybody in the MD/VA/DC area you may want to look into these flights.

Just this morning I believe American Airlines opened up a new direct flight from BWI to SJU. It leaves at 10:30 and arrives at 3:10 PM and on return it leaves at 3:00 and arrives back in BWI at 7:00 PM. What a great flight. Called American Airlines and had it changes as I originally had a direct flight from IAD and it was changed to a layover in Miami. It didn't cost me a thing and I wasn't changed with my baggage costs. We first booked our flights when there was no baggage charges. So for anybody in the MD/VA/DC area you may want to look into these flights.

Wow that is great. I need to look into this. I was originally booked IAD to SJU, but AA let me change to PHL for their direct flight. BWI is closer. I'll call later today and report if they will allow me to change to this.

Thanks for the info.

Katfncy -- A bit thank you. When I checked my reservation there had been a flight change for my return to PHL Anyway I called AA, no problem they changed it to BWI -SJU with out any arguments.

Now I just need to keep my fingers crossed that it stays the same.

I am going to post this info on my roll call incase someone there needs it.

HFLORS, you are the exact person I was trying to reach with this information knowing that your same flight was changed from the direct IAD/SJU. We had that same flight. I was very excited and looked for you on all the boards. I can't remember when you are going so I couldn't go to your role call but I'm sure glad you found this theard.

HFLORS, you are the exact person I was trying to reach with this information knowing that your same flight was changed from the direct IAD/SJU. We had that same flight. I was very excited and looked for you on all the boards. I can't remember when you are going so I couldn't go to your role call but I'm sure glad you found this theard.

Thank you Katfncy for your thoughtfulness. I am truly touched that someone I never met took the time to post in the hope that it would help someone they didn't know. I hope we meet on a cruise someday. (We are on Galaxy Jan 19 out of San Juan. Join us and the first round is on us!)

Again a big thankyou!

Helen

I think AirTran is also beginning non-stop service from BWI to San Juan.

GoCo reported this in the Washington Post a few weeks back. It begins December 20th IIRC. Wish they had ideas on how much $$ the direct flight would be. JetBlue may soon join AirTrain also.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I guess I'll be arriving in San Juan a little earlier. The BWI direct flight to SJU just changed from 10:30 in the morning to 8:30. A little more time in San Juan that's not a bad thing. It also now leave later also on the return flight. I'm just hoping at this point they keep the direct flight.

HFlors have you noticed this change yet?

Well I guess I'll be arriving in San Juan a little earlier. The BWI direct flight to SJU just changed from 10:30 in the morning to 8:30. A little more time in San Juan that's not a bad thing. It also now leave later also on the return flight. I'm just hoping at this point they keep the direct flight.

HFlors have you noticed this change yet?

Wow this must have just happened. I checked it yesterday and it was still @ 10:30. I am not crazy about the flight not leaving until 6:30 pm I hate those long waits at the airport. When my vac is over I just want to go home! As long as it stays a direct flight I am happy!

Yes, it had to just change because it wasn't like that yesterday as I also had checked. I had to find you on the boards so that you went out and looked. I agree I don't like having to stay that late but at least as of today it's still a direct flight. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I also tapped into your roll call to let you know.

Yes, it had to just change because it wasn't like that yesterday as I also had checked. I had to find you on the boards so that you went out and looked. I agree I don't like having to stay that late but at least as of today it's still a direct flight. Who knows what tomorrow will bring. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I also tapped into your roll call to let you know.

Again many thanks to you for taking the trouble to allert me. I hope one day I will be able to do the same for you.

Helen

Archived