Where to meet non tubers after cave tubing ?

sunandfunatsea

I just reserved cave tubing through Yhonny because all of the high recommendations ;)

We have a few people that are not going tubing and we want to meet them after tubing. Does any one have any ideas on where a good place would to meet them ? a beautiful beach preferably close to the ship.

It says we get back about 2:30 - are they usually on time?

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated :D

I just reserved cave tubing through Yhonny because all of the high recommendations ;)

We have a few people that are not going tubing and we want to meet them after tubing. Does any one have any ideas on where a good place would to meet them ? a beautiful beach preferably close to the ship.

It says we get back about 2:30 - are they usually on time?

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated :D

That's easy, sunandfunatsea, as you can make previous arrangements to meet them at Terminal One, where I believe you saw your operator in the first place (most operators are at Terminal One). When we went tubing and zipline with the .NET team, we met at the same terminal after the tour, at about the same time, 2.30 pm, but our guys were one up on us - they always have a staff member back inside the port dock, with a cellphone; previous arrangements with our friends to meet were made; they were kept informed of our arrival time. That was neat, and highly organized. Small wonder, as the leader of our operation is no other than the legendary retired army man turned tour guide, Major Tom. They were absolutely awesome!!! We shopped, went over to Iguanarana, and also the Chamber of Commerce handicraft center around the corner from the dock, where we came across the largest display of the widest variety of handicraft ever, and at good prices too. Boy, did the wives bargain!!!

Ditto with above, we have tubed with Yhonny and they are a great outfit. My kids still say it is one of their favorite days. Anyway Yhonny will drop you off right inside the gate at terminal one, so it is a good place to meet. Enjoy your excurision and remember "butts up"!!!:D

We did the cave tubing in 2006. I wouldn't count on being able to do anything other than getting back on the ship after your river expedition. With Yhonny having to wait until all his customers get off their cruise ships (via tenders) before departing, don't count on leaving Belize City until after 10:00. It seemed to take an hour+ to get to the river once we finally got under way. Once you get to the place, getting off the bus and getting a tube takes more time. Then you have to walk with your tube another half hour or so. Then you spend another hour+ in the river. Short walk to drop off the tube, change clothes, get on the bus for the trip back and another half hour has passed. The trip allows for a lunch stop but we were sorta of running a little late and went straight back to Belize City. We had time to catch a tender back to the ship but not enough time to do anything else.

Besides, Belize City is just not that type of port with quick access to a beach. And when you pass through the city on the way to tubing you'd probably just say "forget it" to any plans for a trip to a beach. It is a poor city and does not have a "resort" feel to it.

Oh, and I'm the sort that pushes things to the limit having not gotten back to the ship until they were taking down the walkways to board or leaving the ship to sneak in a snorkeling trip with just a little over one hour of port time left (Costa Maya).

Archived