Your one 'BEST' excursion

eaglewingks

Anan Creek to see the brown and black bears feed on salmon in a remote and primitive location (think deep, green, lush, old growth forests with a waterfall flowing into a creek and then spotting bears meandering in and catching fish) - AWESOME adventure.

We were blown away by the Glacier Country flightseeing out of skagway (booked through princess). We did this on monday, and the weather was clear enough to fly over the east arm of glacier bay. We also did misty fjords with Island Wings a few days ago...also stunning.

For teens and active adults the klondike rock climbing is a blast as well.

I vote for this one too..:)..It was an awesome trip!

Kelly

Us too. Luckily, our cruise line (Regent) did the Tracy Arm trip from the ship to Juneau, so we didn't have to do round trip from Juneau.

Best excursion is an individual thing. We don't do helicopters or light planes; but those who do love them. You may prefer kayakking or zip lining. It alll depends on your particular preferences, and on your taste for adventure.

Mine would be the Mendenhall Glacier helicopter and dog sledding tour. It is expensive but absolutely amazing and worth every penny!

That gets my vote too. I would do it again on our upcoming cruise except it is too late in the season for that. Bummer!

Tracy Arm via Adventure Bound is my favorite excursion of 3 cruises to Alaska.

We went in 2005 on our first cruise, and our subsequent cruises haven't had the correct time in Juneau to return. If your itinerary has the right port time in Juneau, seriously consider taking full advantage of that to enjoy this spectacular excursion.

Mine would be the Mendenhall Glacier helicopter and dog sledding tour. It is expensive but absolutely amazing and worth every penny!

I second this one!!!!!! We love it. Was our favorite thing about the whole trip.

Without a doubt, it was renting a car in Skagway and driving up into the Yukon. Absolutely breathtaking--one of the all time best days of our life-either at home or away!!! We did the dog sledding at Caribou Crossing, but it was the amazing natural beauty that made this day special. If you go, be sure to download Murrays guide from this website.

We are trying to narrow down our choices on excursion for our tour on July 30, northbound Alaska cruise.

If you could only do one excursion, what one would you absolutely not miss doing?

OK....after much contemplation, I would have to say, float plane to Glacier National Monument/Ketchikan

In Juneau, helicopter to a glacier you can walk on. A once in a lifetime experience I will never forget!:D

Definitely the Extended Glacier Trek with Northstar Trekking in Juneau. Awesome, uniquely Alaskan experience!:)

Tracy Arm by day cruise from Juneau with Adventure Bound. Not only was it my favorite excursion, it was also the favorite excursion of the rest of my family (wife and 2 college-age kids). It was the highlight of our entire cruisetour. Definitely, the only excursion I would do over again.

Without a doubt, it was renting a car in Skagway and driving up into the Yukon. Absolutely breathtaking--one of the all time best days of our life-either at home or away!!! We did the dog sledding at Caribou Crossing, but it was the amazing natural beauty that made this day special. If you go, be sure to download Murrays guide from this website.

Absolutely!! This is a wonderful day to spend seeing Alaska "at your own pace". We rented a Highlander and found a nice place to park along the route and ate picnic lunches in the back with the tailgate up. For the price of the rental, gas and a little bit at the grocery store it was well worth it.

In my view it is the WP&YR in Skagway.:)

I would second this! Spectacular scenery, and unbelievable train ride. If that isn't your thing, you are getting other great ideas, depending on your interests. Of the 8 cruises we have taken, this ranks as one of our all time favorite shore excursions!

In whittier, i would recommend the PWS cruise.

In juneau, I would recommend Whale watching with Orca enterprise. We saw so many humpbacks and orcas

In skagway, by far the train and bus ride to yukon and emerald lake.

Archived