Describe lunch with Major Tom

no1uno

I'm considering going cave tubing with Major Tom. There's an option to have lunch.

How does that work?

Have you been happy with it or is it best to just find something in the port area?

Best advice?

we stopped on our way back to the pier at a local place. Before we stopped, the guides took a count of how many people wanted lunch. The ran in, got the food, and were back on the bus. It took about 10-15 minutes. We didn't get a choice of what we wanted but it was very good: chicken, rice cooked in coconut milk, and a salad similar to coleslaw. Each meal also came with a juice; if you wanted beer or soda you could request one. We enjoyed eating some of the local cuisine and for only $5/person, it was really good!

we stopped on our way back to the pier at a local place. Before we stopped' date=' the guides took a count of how many people wanted lunch. The ran in, got the food, and were back on the bus. It took about 10-15 minutes. We didn't get a choice of what we wanted but it was very good: chicken, rice cooked in coconut milk, and a salad similar to coleslaw. Each meal also came with a juice; if you wanted beer or soda you could request one. We enjoyed eating some of the local cuisine and for only $5/person, it was really good![/quote']

We didn't have time to stop for lunch. They said we could if we wanted to chance it but none of us did. Thomas did point out the place that we would have stopped and it just looked like a local place.

We had a small group so we actually stopped for the meal at a little spot called Cedar Cabins if my memory is correct.

Very very good rice and chicken. Even the beans were very good. I left a clean plate in short order. :)

• 2 weeks later...

We also had the option. On the bus they took a head count of who wanted to stop and have lunch. We stopped at a place called "Cheers, with a tropical twist". We just grabbed some sodas and chips for the kids. Did not try the rice and beans. Others in our group did as well as the beer!! The stop was not long...maybe 20 minutes??

We were pressed for time, but stopped on the way back. We bought two lunches, $5 each. All I had on me was a $20 bill, and they gave me back Belize change. This was the only part of the trip that ticked me off. Needless to say, that was what they got back in tip money.

Archived