Cruising stand-by?

smariner

We made a last-minute decision to take a cruise over the upcoming long-weekend from Los Angeles. But, unfortunately all the 3-days cruises starting on our prefered-date is completely sold-out (and our travel plans are not changeable). I called the cruiselines, and they don't seem to maintain an official waiting-list.

So, I'm wondering...

• If it's typical to see some last-minute cancellations that can be reserved on the day of the cruise?
  • If it's possible to "cruise stand-by"-- i.e, we wait at the pier for any no-show passengers & try our luck.
  • If people without docs can enter the boarding area in Los Angeles

Any thoughts/ideas/comments? The questions are specifically about Carnival & RCI.

We made a last-minute decision to take a cruise over the upcoming long-weekend from Los Angeles. But, unfortunately all the 3-days cruises starting on our prefered-date is completely sold-out (and our travel plans are not changeable). I called the cruiselines, and they don't seem to maintain an official waiting-list.

So, I'm wondering...

• If it's typical to see some last-minute cancellations that can be reserved on the day of the cruise?
  • If it's possible to "cruise stand-by"-- i.e, we wait at the pier for any no-show passengers & try our luck.
  • If people without docs can enter the boarding area in Los Angeles

Any thoughts/ideas/comments? The questions are specifically about Carnival & RCI.

My recommendation would be to make other plans. It's a great idea but unfortunately, it's not workable. There are some lovely Inns in Wine Country.................

Archived