Seafood Buffet Question

CycleGirl1

I've heard that there is a seafood buffet on the first night.

Okay, this may be the dumbest question of all time... but I just have to ask....

Is the seafood buffet served in the Horizon Court? In other words, is it served in the buffet area rather than the dining room? What time is it served?

CycleGirl

I've heard that there is a seafood buffet on the first night.

Okay, this may be the dumbest question of all time... but I just have to ask....

Is the seafood buffet served in the Horizon Court? In other words, is it served in the buffet area rather than the dining room? What time is it served?

CycleGirl

It is normally served either at the HC or the Cafe Caribe (the Caribbean Princess has it only at the Cafe Caribe). It is not served in the diningroom.

If you check the Princess Patter that will be waiting in your stateroom when you board, it will have the time when the seafood buffet begins and ends printed there.

Our cruise in October will be our first on Princess so we are novices. This is the first time that I have heard of a seafood buffet on the first night. Is it on all Princess ships? It sounds delicious -- is it very crowded? Is it all that is offered at the Horizon that evening or do they have their normal bill o' fare as well?

I'm not really a "foodie"...and my first day on a cruise I'm somewhat of a zombie... but I don't remember there being a seafood buffet on the first night of any Princess cruise. Are these just in Alaska or on certain ships? I seem to recall people complaining that there were no king crab legs on Princess. But I've always found them more work than they were worth, so I've never gone searching for them.

Yet I love all seafood...so please, tell me what I've been missing.

It sounds delicious -- is it very crowded? Is it all that is offered at the Horizon that evening or do they have their normal bill o' fare as well?

On the CB-- seafood buffet started at 6pm.. by 6:05 it was crowded. Had to really search for a table-- which we had to share with 2 other couples-- well worth it though.

SO is not a seafood person and they had a prime rib station that he just loved.

The seafood buffet is/was, not available on the Grand Princess. Sorry! :(

Only the newer ships. Caribbean Princess, Emerald, Crown and Ruby.

We are on the same cruise as Oca and my mouth was watering until you gave the bad news the Grand does not have the seafood buffet:( :(

Welcome back Toto!

Chesie

It is normally served either at the HC or the Cafe Caribe (the Caribbean Princess has it only at the Cafe Caribe). It is not served in the diningroom.

If you check the Princess Patter that will be waiting in your stateroom when you board, it will have the time when the seafood buffet begins and ends printed there.

Thanks. DH and I love seafood ; it sounds fantastic!

pink_hair_girl.gif

Hi ... is the seafood buffet in lieu of dinner in the dining room or in addition to? Can't imagine going to buffet then to dinner ? :eek: Also is the seafood hot or cold ... just wondering. My first CB sailing end of this month and cannot wait! Thanks ...

Hi ... is the seafood buffet in lieu of dinner in the dining room or in addition to? Can't imagine going to buffet then to dinner ? :eek: Also is the seafood hot or cold ... just wondering. My first CB sailing end of this month and cannot wait! Thanks ...

There is a cold seafood buffet the first evening, and later in the cruise a hot seafood buffet. This would be one of those choices that one or the other would have to be decided on as there is no way to eat in both places on the same night. Unless you go to the buffet before dinner for an appeitizer :)

I was just on the CB 6/22-7/1. The seafood buffet was on the first AND secon nights. My favorites were the shrimp cocktail and crab legs. They were not huge, but they were very adequate, plentiful and VERY tasty. I did not see any lobter at the buffet. Perhaps I missed it? I thought it was at the Horizon Buffet as well as at the Cafe Caribe. DH and I went at 6:00 for some shrimp and crab as our "appetizer" :D before our 8:30 p.m. dinner those two nights. There were other seafood dishes, but i did not pay close attention as to what they were, sorry.

Archived