Room H4119 - ms Zuiderdam

cheffy3

It's a long shot, but has anybody stayed in room H4119 on the ms Zuiderdam? I have been offered this room on an Alaskan cruise in 2009 at the same rate as an inside room. It comes under the category 'fully obstructed view', however I have been told it is possible to see out of half of the window (the end of the lifeboat on partially covers the window).

Just wondering if anybody could confirm this or have stayed in a similar room.

Thanks.

It's a long shot, but has anybody stayed in room H4119 on the ms Zuiderdam? I have been offered this room on an Alaskan cruise in 2009 at the same rate as an inside room. It comes under the category 'fully obstructed view', however I have been told it is possible to see out of half of the window (the end of the lifeboat on partially covers the window).

Just wondering if anybody could confirm this or have stayed in a similar room.

Thanks.

Here's a link to a thread that discusses this. There may be some useful info in it for you.

Virginia

I've been in 4117 (right next door) on the Zuiderdam. We had the middle of the lifeboat in front of our window so I agree with the poster above that you would probably have the end of the lifeboat. We got daylight around/through the lifeboat and you can see a little but it's not a situation where you can just sit and look outside really.

If it's the same price as an inside I'd take it. It does have a bathtub instead of just a shower if that makes any difference for you.

Thanks for all your excellent replies!

Question for mindydaile, what did you think of your rooms position in terms of access to stair/lifts and the best viewing decks? Also did you encounter much noise?

Thanks!

No noise to speak to, and I was quarantined for part of the cruise so I spent a lot of time in the room! If a loud talking group happens to set up shop in the deck chairs directly below your window you can hear what they say pretty clearly but generally it's very quiet.

Access was fine - you are just down a little way from the midship elevators/stairs so it's a pretty quick trip pretty much anywhere you want to go.

My kids [in their 20s], my mom and my sister have all had the obstructed view cabins on the Zuiderdam and loved them.

My mom and sister had been booking the inside rooms on their cruises, but once they got into an obstructed view room, they've never gone back to inside!

The natural light makes a big difference, for one thing!

Archived