# of Bermuda Cruises Diverted to Canada

gszach

But according to the OP you could get your money back.;)

chief d

I think that's part of the problem...he knows what's in the contract and he doesn't like it but, it is what it is.

P.S. Wasn't able to meet up with our buddy last year but did talk to him on the phone a couple of times, maybe this year.:)

I'll see him in October. He's playing in the STG square this weekend. Wish I were there listening. We make it a point to see each other on every trip. We have been on his picture of the week a few times on his site. :)

I'll see him in October. He's playing in the STG square this weekend. Wish I were there listening. We make it a point to see each other on every trip. We have been on his picture of the week a few times on his site. :)

He was very busy doing video editing last year, which is a good thing.:) I've had at least 8 pic of the week and plan on coming home with far more to choose from this year...never seem to take enough pictures but I'm going to fill ALL my memory cards this time.;)

He was very busy doing video editing last year, which is a good thing.:) I've had at least 8 pic of the week and plan on coming home with far more to choose from this year...never seem to take enough pictures but I'm going to fill ALL my memory cards this time.;)

When were you there last year? We were there the last week of Nov, staying at the STG Club. He was busy doing video then too. Also do you go to the Swizzle Inn? Our "very dear" friend is a manager there.

When were you there last year? We were there the last week of Nov, staying at the STG Club. He was busy doing video then too. Also do you go to the Swizzle Inn? Our "very dear" friend is a manager there.

The cruise we went on last year was Oct. 14-20, we always go the same time. This year, however it will be Sept.27-Oct.4. DH will only fly when it's ABSOLUTELY necessary so cruising is my only way to get to Bermuda.

Believe it or not, in all our times there, we have not been to the Swizzle but it's on the TO DO list this time as it has before...we'll see. :)

I like the fact that the cruiseline is going to divert the ship (and me) to keep us safe in bad weather. I know they are not going to put that MEGA Mega Zillon dollar ship in harms way, so therefore, I will be safe too! :D I would be a little disappointed, but I would be a LOT disappointed if we encounter BAD weather!:eek:

Im getting a little nervous over this new Hurricane that just might be going to Bermuda. Its kinda early,so Im hoping that doesnt mean there will be another couple of storms forming behine it! I hope Bermuda, as well as other areas will be safe from this hurricane and others that form behind it. Mother Nature needs to calm down and give us another safe sailing season!! :) Dot

When Fabian (19 hours) came we all were totally prepared (we had 5 days' warning), so we recovered well afterwards. Same with Florence (16 hours, I think) (also with some days' warning). To us, we felt Emily was the worst of the 3, emotionally.

BlueSea - are you living in Bermuda? We're flying in tomorrow morning for a 10 day stay and I'm a little concerned about Bertha. We're staying at Grape Bay - right on the beach, so I have reason for the concern. Not stopping us from going, of course. I love Bermuda and have been there many times!

• 3 weeks later...

I was on the Big Red Boat for a cruise to the Bahamas some years back when we encountered Tropical Storm Gordon. For those not familiar with him, he bounced off the coasts of Florida and the Bahamas for days!

3/4 of the passengers and 1/2 the crew were sick from the 15 - 20 or possibly even 25 foot swells. I hope for everyone's sake they never encounter them. You have no idea how much stuff flys around in the common areas of the ship when you hit really bad weather or rough seas.

If you tried to walk you'd lose your balance as soon as a swell came, passengers were falling all over the place, so most passengers opted to stay in their cabins...on the floor!

I would PAY the Captain to divert my cruise if there's bad weather!

Of course if you have plans for a particular port, it can be disappointing.

But, for the people who are upset about an itinerary change, don't you think it's better to be safe than take a risk of the passengers and crew possibly getting hurt or killed?

Secondly, think of the passengers that booked airfare on their own if the cruise was cancelled. Most cruise lines only give $100 towards an airfare change fee. What if the new flight is $300 more?

We're scheduled for Bermuda in Sept and if we end up in Canada because of a hurricane....we'll gladly go with the flow. The fact that the Captain will try to keep the ship and passengers out of harm's way is why I love cruising.

As the above poster said, it is not fun to be in a storm. We were on the oceanic (which I believe retired to the big red boat) in the spring of 82(or 83) I was about 12 at the time. We rocked and rolled all the way to bermuda. The waves came up over the deck where the pool was. I would never forget that. We docked in bermuda and many people were looking for alternated ways to get home(including my mother). We sailed to nassau and then back to ny. The seas were like glass the rest of the trip. We will never forget the first two days,lol.

The only thing you can do if you're diverted to Canada instead of going to Bermuda is go to your cabin and sulk for about an hour and then get a grip and decide to make the best of the situation and have a good time on the ship! (that's what I would do ;) )

When I read this topic I though UMMMMM another person that worries like I do. Then I read your post and I laughed! Thanks

We have been to Bermuda 3 times and we are going in 3 weeks and believe me the LAST place I want to go is to Canada. We did that cruise and hated it. The fog was bad the whole time we were there. It is what it is and we would deal, but not fun with MY kids.:rolleyes:

I got sea sick just watching that video, OH CAPTAIN keep me safe and out of storms like that, thank you very much. Let's face it the Captain doesn't want to die, or kill all his passengers and crew, that is his first priority. Believe me, I want to go to Bermuda, secheduled in Sept on the 20th, but I also want to live.

mew1

Archived