Dawn saves the day

Thanks for the article and kudos to Captain Vorren!

Since the Dawn sails on Sunday to Bermuda, I'm wondering if their navigation was diverted due to storms or if their departure was delayed for some reason, as this article indicates they were off the coast of Massachusetts on Monday? They would normally be off of Virginia by then.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 – Norwegian Dawn, while sailing off the coast of Massachusetts and New York on Monday, June 30, 2008 on its way to Bermuda, answered two separate distress calls within twelve hours, rescuing two injured sailors from different boats in rough seas.

Auntiebarb, I was wondering the same thing myself. But when you are out there in the middle of nowhere you have no idea where the hell you are. We were on the 6/15 sailing to Bermuda, had a blast.

Thanks for the article and kudos to Captain Vorren!

Since the Dawn sails on Sunday to Bermuda, I'm wondering if their navigation was diverted due to storms or if their departure was delayed for some reason, as this article indicates they were off the coast of Massachusetts on Monday? They would normally be off of Virginia by then.

AunteBarb

Im a dispatcher for the NY Harbor for Crude Oil Ships and what happens sometimes is that if the ship is within 100 or so miles of a vessel in distress the harbor master will divert it to help the vessel in distress it is little surprising that no other vessels were in the area but it may be that the Dawn had to go up to the channel it was assigned to travel. Stranger things have happened due to Vessel traffic in the channel

Way to go MS Dawn- Rick

And here are some shots I took last week. 2 of the boats that were sailing in Hamilton (1 picture of the boats docked, and another during a race), and the hero himself, the captain of the Dawn!

ships.jpg.960fb77b708ea5b872daf5bb175ce3fd.jpg

ships2.jpg.69ef9046c53e9909da1a073177ac008b.jpg

captain.jpg.ec6956272a1975f59c9a773cb54e3a9d.jpg

Archived