Carnival Legend room question

FMCowboy

We are booked on the Legend in September in a Verandah Deck Balcony. This is our first Balcony cruise. Are the rooms nice on that deck? What else is on that specific deck entertainment wise?

Is the ugrade to a deluxe balcony or suite guarantee worth the extra money over the standard balcony room?

thx

We are booked on the Legend in September in a Verandah Deck Balcony. This is our first Balcony cruise. Are the rooms nice on that deck? What else is on that specific deck entertainment wise?

Is the ugrade to a deluxe balcony or suite guarantee worth the extra money over the standard balcony room?

thx

I was on the Legend in May. The Verandah deck is pretty much just rooms, as is the Upper deck and the Empress deck, which is where my Suite was. (#6197)

In my opinion, a suite guarantee is NOT worth the money when you compare room to room. I did compare my Suite with my onboard buddies' Unobstructed Balcony guarantee room. I do not know the specific category of their room, though. I think it was #8239. It was a handicap accessible room. (They did not book it that way; it's just what they got.)

My room had a bathtub, theirs did not. Our room also had an extra closet area, not a walk in though. The balcony was about the same size in both rooms. I was satisfied with my Suite, yes. Especially with the VIP boarding the Suite granted me. But the posed question is do I think the Suite was worth the money over a Balcony and my answer is NO. There would be plenty of space for DH and I in that other room I saw... and more money for Foster's! (25-ounce cans for like $6.00!)

Of course these are my opinions. Others may vary, but that's the beauty of things here... you can read what we all have experienced and make better decisions to suit your individual travels! Cheers and happy sailing, whatever you decide! I LOVED the Legend!

thx

Depending on how much more a suite is I think it's worth the extra money. We are hooked on the suites! Like the OP stated the VIP boarding is great. The cabin has a tub and double sink in the bathroom and a sitting/vanity area(in the hall to the way to the bathroom) that can be closed off from the main room.

The room looks just like it is shown on the Carnival web site. We were on the Legend 2 weeks ago the ship is in great shape. The balcony is larger in the Cat. 11 than a regular or extended balcony room.

Try the balcony out this cruise and see if you think it's worth the extra money and go from there. That is how we got hooked on the Cat. 11 suites.

Thanks for the insight. I wonder, on the day of sailing if they charge a minimal upgrade to a suite or are teh suites always booked by then? The cost to upgrade to a suite guarantee is $400 total for the 3 of us. My wife, daughter and I.

If you want the suite you should get it booked now... There are a limited # of these cabins and they will fill up fast. More than likely the ship will be full on the day you sail. We had an extended balcony on the Legend (cabin# 8177) this past February and we loved the extra space out there.

Thanks for the insight. I wonder, on the day of sailing if they charge a minimal upgrade to a suite or are teh suites always booked by then? The cost to upgrade to a suite guarantee is $400 total for the 3 of us. My wife, daughter and I.

If there is an upgrade on that day (and it is very very rare) you would pay prevailing rates, in other words, it is not going to be a deal. If you want one get it now.

I wouldn't wait til sailing day--the people who booked balcony gurantees moe then likly will get upgraded to anything left over-- so they can sell the cheaper balcony cabins.

For 400.00 how much time is spent in a cabin compared to the balcony?

If you can get a extended balcony instead-- it might be worth it

Archived