Best ship for teens

Boolsrules

We want to take a cruise next year with our kids ages 15,13,11 and 7. What are your suggestions for the best cruise line and ship for them? I do not want them to be bored. Also, shore excursion ideas for teens.

Thanks

We want to take a cruise next year with our kids ages 15,13,11 and 7. What are your suggestions for the best cruise line and ship for them? I do not want them to be bored. Also, shore excursion ideas for teens.

Thanks

We have been extremely happy with Royal Caribbean. I would recommend either the Voyager or Freedom class ships if your focus is ship board activities. My kids now 15 and 13 have never been bored on their cruises. The ability to meet new friends on board also keeps them occupied.

In terms of shore excursions we always book kid oriented tours at least once. This has included mountain biking, river rafting, speed boat tour, etc. This winter we are stopping at Labadee (RCCL private beach) on our cruise and the kids are really excited to try the zip line.

Good luck! Be careful - once you try cruising the entire family will get hooked.

My now 18yo daughter totally enjoyed Camp Carnival and then the teen club on all but one (the Elation) of our Carnival cruises. She also had a great time on the Norwegian Star. She stays in contact with many of the friends she has made over the years.

Sadly, she has aged out and will not have that option on our next cruise.

My experience cruising with my teen has only been on Princess. However, on most ships, Princess groups ages 13-17 into their teen program. Carnival and I think RCL breaks it up into 12-14 and then 15-17 yr old groups with different facilities and different program/activities. Since you have a 13 and 15 yr old you might want to think about whether they will do best together or separate.

When my daughter was 13, we choose Princess because she was bored stiff with Carnival's 12-14 yr old group (this was on Victory, an older ship).

She loved the Caribbean Princess program and facilities. Didn't like the Grand Princess facilities - much smaller. It's an older ship and teen center was an afterthought.

I think if you look for a newer bigger ship, they'll have a great time.

Archived