We really are going on a cruise! Can't wait!

Hi All

Going on our first cruise on Serenade of the Seas in three weeks time and our info arrived from the travel agent yesterday and makes it all real!

So excited and can't wait!

Booked one of the excursions we wanted to do - the helicopter ride, then sledging with the dogs, but the other one we wanted - kayaking - was fully booked so will keep checking in case someone cancels and will ask on the ship to let us know if two places come free.

Can't believe that we are going to Vancouver again - plus on an Alaskan cruise!

Karen

Ssssshhh! Don't tell anyone but it's for my fortieth birthday - also can't believe that I'm nearly 40! Still feel and act sometimes like I'm 21!

Karen

You are going to have so much fun on this cruise! And you picked some excellent excursions (the helicopter ride - are you going up to a glacier? - and the sledding are very cool). Do not worry about the kayaking being fully booked, I am sure it will open up. That being said, kayaking with your partner is a real test of your relationship. :) Trust me.

And Happy almost Birthday!!!! (Aren't we ALL still 21?:D )

First of all Happy Birthday. Shh don't tell anyone I'm 40 plus but I'm not over the hill. Just on top looking down.:rolleyes:

Anyway, I cruised on the Serenade to Alaska in 2006. Had a BLAST and would go back in a heartbeat. The Serenade is my favorite RCI. She is a beauty.

HPIM0304_1.jpg

Our first cruise was in January 2005 on the Serenade of the Seas and that ship hooked us on cruising. After 8 more cruises, the Serenade (or any Radiance class ship) is still our favorite. Have a wonderful birthday cruise to Alaska. The scenery should be beautiful and you have picked the perfect ship to view it.

How exciting!!!! I was just on a cruise in Alaska 2 weeks ago.

It's so gorgeous, that words cannot describe, it touches your soul.

One drawback, Alaska sets the bar so high that everything else seems blah. :D

.....and yes, you will be wanting to book another cruise, that is all I have done since I have been back. :eek:

I'm also celebrating the big 4-0 on Serenade! We're doing the southern caribbean route in January.

Have a BLAST!!

You're sailing the cruise right after the one we're on. Make sure you get to San Juan the day before! :)

Ssssshhh! Don't tell anyone but it's for my fortieth birthday - also can't believe that I'm nearly 40! Still feel and act sometimes like I'm 21!

Karen

Sssshhhhh-- we're a little past 40 too! My dw celebrated her 40th on a cruise a couple of years back. In fact, on a 3-night cruise with 2 other couples, we had two 40th birthdays hit while we were on the water! No better place. Enjoy.

First of all Happy Birthday. Shh don't tell anyone I'm 40 plus but I'm not over the hill. Just on top looking down.:rolleyes:

Anyway, I cruised on the Serenade to Alaska in 2006. Had a BLAST and would go back in a heartbeat. The Serenade is my favorite RCI. She is a beauty.

Hey Cruiser Forever, my dw and I noticed the artwork in your signature. Is the picture original to you or did you find it somewhere? Too funny!

Hey Cruiser Forever, my dw and I noticed the artwork in your signature. Is the picture original to you or did you find it somewhere? Too funny!

The travel goddess artwork was found on a site that has many images. and I thought if fits me to a T. Here is the link and I hope it works.

http://www.cybergifs.com/

The travel goddess artwork was found on a site that has many images. and I thought if fits me to a T. Here is the link and I hope it works.

http://www.cybergifs.com/

Thanks much! It bears a strong resemblance to a couple of the women in my life.:D My dw particularly wanted to know where you got it and how restricted its use might be. She's on here occasionally as EBQ.

Thanks much! It bears a strong resemblance to a couple of the women in my life.:D My dw particularly wanted to know where you got it and how restricted its use might be. She's on here occasionally as EBQ.

No it is not restricted and anyone can use the images. They have a few to pick from in the travel section.. Have your dw check it out.:)

Archived