Murder Mystery Dinner

I certainly am no expert at this but this is what I have heard.

Some RCI ships have a "murder mystery" put on by a company. I think it lasts for the whole trip and you have to book your trip through that "murder mystery company".

A few of the RCI ships (that have specialty restaurants) do a "murder mystery dinner" only one night during the week. You have to make reservations and the cost is around $50 per person. This includes dinner in the specialty restaurant but it is not the normal menu. It just has two or three entrees to choose from and one or two desserts to choose from. This usually books up fast. The reason it is only done one night is that it is not a "cruiseline sponsored event". It is something the CD and his/her staff do as a side event for passengers. The CD and staff do it "in their off time" (not that I think they ever really get any "off duty time" but that is what I have been told). They are doing it because they enjoy doing it and know how much the passengers enjoy it. This is only done by a couple of CDs. I wish more would do it.

Someone else may have better info for you but this is what I have heard (from other passengers and some of it personally from crew).

Archived