Pre-Cruise-HARWICH-need help

DON M.

• 1 month later...

Why stay in Harwich where there is nothing when you can spend a day in London. Even if you have been to London a zillion times before, there is nothing like walking Picadilly, Covent Garden, Traflagar Square and taking in a play at night. Just arrange for the cruise shuttle from London. It is easy and convenient and takes you right to your ship.

• 4 weeks later...
Why stay in Harwich where there is nothing when you can spend a day in London. Even if you have been to London a zillion times before, there is nothing like walking Picadilly, Covent Garden, Traflagar Square and taking in a play at night. Just arrange for the cruise shuttle from London. It is easy and convenient and takes you right to your ship.

Don..

I'm doing this...we're staying in London proper for several nights before the cruise and have a cruise shuttle picking us up and taking us to Harwich on the day of the cruise. This way we won't feel so jet-lagged and rushed and get some time in London...

JodiBB--good call. We did the RCl trip in 03 and it was just terrific. You take a quick cab ride to Victoria Station I think it was and the bus is there and off you go. No muss, no fuss. It is a two hour bus ride so make sure you pee before you get on the bus. Sounds crass but trust me on this one.

And London is still one of the greatest tourist cities in the world.

JodiBB--good call. We did the RCl trip in 03 and it was just terrific. You take a quick cab ride to Victoria Station I think it was and the bus is there and off you go. No muss, no fuss. It is a two hour bus ride so make sure you pee before you get on the bus. Sounds crass but trust me on this one.

And London is still one of the greatest tourist cities in the world.

We've been to London before and thought it would be a darn shame if we couldn't spend a few days there....I believe we actually have a cruise shuttle picking us up from the hotel and transferring us directly to the ship...no cab rides needed!

Hi Don M,

We spent two days in Harwich preceding our trans Atlantic cruise in '03. We found that this is a very interesting city with a lot of places to visit. We did most of our arrangements on the internet, and found a ton of information. We found a pub that provided a room at a reasonable price, but we wound up with a very small room on the third floor, with no lift. The food and the pub facilities were ,however, very good and we met many of our fellow cruisers while having a pint of bitter after dinner. We took the train from London to Harwich, as there are no transfers available before embarkation day. There is an internet site that provides a great deal of information about the history and points of interest in Harwich.

We have been to London a number of times, and we really enjoyed the experience of visiting a very different part of the country. If you have any specific questions, I would be happy to answer what I can.

Peter

Archived