?????'s about Camp Carnival on the Carnival Pride..

sftnslky

We are sailing out of LA on Jan 9th 2005. We are also looking to hear from others who used Camp Carnival on the Pride... Our daughters will be 6 & 8 at the time of sailing... How big is the camp? What are the hours? What type of kid friendly food does the ship provide? and lastly does the camp watch them while the ship is in port? Thanks in advance everyone... Warm hugs!!!![img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

You can get a lot of these questions answered on the Carnival.com website under the FAQ section. I made a copy of the Camp Carnival capers for all 7 days for both my 8 year old (she was SO excited when I read her all the activities) and my 11 year old......but, I am also interested in peoples opinions of the camp on the Pride. We will be sailing her March 13th.

Go to the top of the page here on the cruise critic boards and click on "Interests." When the new page pops up click on "Family." On this page click on "Children's programs at sea." This is a very in depth discussion of all of the children's programs at sea. It discusses all of Carnival's kids camps including the square footage, what types of stuff they do, how long they are open, how much babysitting is, what types of food is offered, and what type of sitting is offered for when they are in port. It should answer all of your questions.:)

They do offer to let you leave your kids in the program while you are in port and there is no charge. At the buffet there's lots of kid friendly foods and in the main dining room they always have a separate menu for the kids. They usually offer chicken nuggets, fries, macaroni and cheese, pizza, and hamburgers. They are open from 9 a.m. until 10 p.m. every day on sea days but the hours vary while you are in port. The babysitting is $6 for the first child and $4 for the second child after 10 p.m. Or at least that's what they charged us last year and the it hasn't really changed much over the years.;)

I read the whole thing.....but I didnt understand this part (below)....since you have been on the Pride, can you explain Cruisinqt????

The Carnival Pride offers family-friendly activities on its private island???? (what does that mean).

Thanks Ciship!:D But I can't really take the credit for it. It's Cruise Critic that's really awesome. I know it took tons of hours of researching for them to write all of those aritcles. It's so full of information that it boggles the mind how they did it. Thanks Cruise Critic, you're awesome too!:)

Most cruise lines have their own private islands that some of their ships go to. The Pride is one of the ships that visit a private island of Carnival's. I'm scheduled to sail on the Conquest in 2 weeks, but it doesn't go to a private island like the Pride does.:( No one can dock at these private islands except the cruise line that owns it. Most of the private islands were closed due to damage from the hurricanes recently. All of them have opened up their private islands again except Princess cruise lines.

If it does not have the private island on your itinerary, then I am sure the Pride does not stop there. Most private islands are in the Bahamas/Caribbean and the Pride is a west coast ship isn't it? When these articles are written, the ships have one itinerary and then over time change itineraries and the articles become outdated.

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I've been quite busy helping the school with a fair for late November, plus, my cruise leaves in less than 2 weeks :D so I'm trying to put together a packing list.

Ciship, I'm not sure what they're talking about either since the Pride doesn't go to any private island that I know of. It could be a private island excursion that is offered once you dock in port. I just found out that Carnival offers a private island getaway to "Paradise Island" while in Cozumel which is one of our stops while on the Conquest. Dad Son Team is right, most of the private islands owned by the cruise lines are all in the Bahamas. But there could be an excursion offered by Carnival to a private island while in port, so you might check it out. I don't usually do the ship sponsored excursions because they are so expensive and crowded. I like to book my own excursion thru a local company because it costs quite a bit less and I get more personalized attention.:)

Cruisinqt,

When we were on the Conquest last year, we went on an excursion to Passion Island which was incredible.....best day of the week for us.

I don't plan on booking my excursions through Carnival either if I can possibly avoid it. I know they are much more expensive. I'm doing a lot of research on the three ports now, so that I make the best decision for my family.

cq

Here is a peek at a camp carnival menu- it may or may not happen on your cruise but can give you a general idea.
[url]http://www.webshots.com/search?query=carnival+camp+capers&tab=photos[/url]
in the camps your kids will be together. As you can see by looking at the menu camp is closed sometimes during the day--mostly during the feeding hours. But camp is also opened during formal dinners so the kids can experince their own formal night.

• 4 weeks later...
The link is just to show people what MAY be done on a cruise- It changed from ship to ship and week to week- depending on how many kids. etc .etc
It gives a lot of moms a look-see to show them their kids are gonna be in good hands with very good structured activities. (its the only ones out there on the web)
Yes it is a 6 buck charge now and 10 for 2 with the kids in the same family.

Archived