Tipping with Princess

Kathy130

Princess charges your shipboard account about $10.50 a day. Most people are satisfied to leave it at that...If you wish to leave more (or less) the pursers desk will make adjustments before you leave the ship. You don't want to leave any Pursers business til the last minute, in case of questions or foul-ups.

Steve

This is my 6th cruise coming up in two weeks, but my first with Princess. In a nutshell, please explain the tipping?

You will be charged $10.50 per person per day. This is divided between stewards, wait staff, deck people, galley people, etc. You can choose to tip in cash on top of that to anyone else.

Just a note....if you choose to remove the auto tip and tip in cash to select people, those people are required to put it in the "auto tip pool" and share it with everyone else anyway. They are only allowed to personally keep above and beyond the $10.50.

Since Princess offers so many different anytime dining options, the auto tip covers the wait staff. It is the easiest way to go since you could possibly be dining at several different dining venues throughout your voyage.

Thanks so much, because I firmly believe that the people "behind the scenes" NEED compensation too. But I will feel comfortable now knowing that I will give freely to anyone who goes above and can keep it to themselves.

ust a couple of points:

Autotip is $11/person/day in suites and mini suites.

15% is added to all drink orders (beer. wine, mixed drinks, sodas ans specialty coffees.

Autotip does not cover spa or casno personnel.

Archived