Don't miss the chairlift up to the top of Monte Solaro--the view on a nice day is magnificent. You can walk down from the top if you choose--the trail is good.

You'll get various opinions here on the Blue Grotto--it's a relatively expensive, long-in-time trip for a 90 second visit to a beautiful cave. I'd say it's a must see (once).

Les

To get to Capri you simply walk off the cruise ship pier, turn left, and the ferry terminal will be right in front of you. The high speed jet boats take about 50 min each way to Capri (Marina Grande).

Hank

from molo beverello or molo angioino u can find a "shed" where u can buy tickets for the aliscafo to capri, the run costs about 30euros per person round trip if i remeber correctly and it take about 40minutes. if u want somethjing cheaper there is the traghetto but it can takes even more than 90 minutes to go there.

once u arrive in capri u can find on the right an office of tour informations and ask for a trip to the blue grotto ( grotta azzurra): beware: it's not always opened due to the tide or weather.

u can go to anacapri to visit the villa of tiberio ( roman emperor lived during the ages of christ)

u can also visit the villa of writer axel munthe but it's not a must see.

don't miss to visi VIA CAMERELLE and the PIAZZETTA where u can find wonderful jewelries and fashion /shoes shops.

u defintely cannot come back from capri if u have not bought something CARTHUSIA'S, wich is one of the most famous and explisives ( really for connoisseurs) factory of parfums and scented soaps. they also have candles and home parfumes.

don't miss to taste the granita at the piazzetta.

have a wonderfull stay in capri and have a wonderful SHOPPING!!!

Hi, when ships dock in Naples/Capri how far is it to get to Capri?

What is there to do there?

Thanx

You can take the hydrofoil from Naples to Capri. It's about a 40 minute ride and costs about 14 euros one way.

When I go in October, I have arranged to do a half-day excursion around Capri where we will be able to view the Grottos.

HALF DAY EXCURSION:

Our most popular tour consists of a trip around the island of Capri.

This is usually 2 ½ hours with visits to some of the most beautiful and famous caves.

- GROTTA BIANCA is one of the most popular. If the sea permits, you can actually enter the Grotta via steps to admire the wonderful light effects and stalactite formations.

- GROTTA VERDE offers a hidden paradise sheltered from the ocean waves.

This is a nice spot to relax on the boat while enjoying some sumptuous locally grown fruits, or take a dip in the most gorgeous crystalline green waters. The shapes of this cavern provide the landscape of a swimming pool with a breath taking view of the ocean floor.

- FARAGLIONI ROCKS and of course the GROTTA AZZURRA are sites that are well-known to Capri. The Grotta Azzurra is one of my favourite spots as it features the incredibly breathtaking magnificent blue illuminations that bounce off the ocean floor and light up this cave. (Note: to visit the inside of the Grotta Azzurra, there is a separate charge of 9,00 EUR which will be collected at the entrance to the cave.)

The company I arranged our group tour through had the following prices....

trip around the island (2 1/2-3 h):

"gozzo" EUR 170,-

"lancia" EUR 30,- per person for groups of 8 or more

"Stingher" EUR 180,-

"Papino" EUR 400,-

We're only doing a half-day tour because afterwards we'll get back on the hydrofoil and head to Sorrento where we'll board the train to Pompeii.......

You can IM me if you have any questions. :)

Archived