Land's End and Lover's Beach in Cabo

kkbay

We will be on the July 13 Carnival Pride cruise. Don't want to do the ship tours - too crowded. Please let us know the best way to get to Lover's Beach. Are we able to snorkel there, too? If you know a reputable water taxi guy, please let us know. Just so we don't get suckered into some time share stuff!!:)

Thanks in advance!

We will be on the July 13 Carnival Pride cruise. Don't want to do the ship tours - too crowded. Please let us know the best way to get to Lover's Beach. Are we able to snorkel there, too? If you know a reputable water taxi guy, please let us know. Just so we don't get suckered into some time share stuff!!:)

Thanks in advance!

There are plenty of water taxis available to choose from right at the dock. You can negotiate a price. We paid $10 per person for a tour around Land's End and Los Arcos and to be dropped off and picked up at Medano Beach. They will also drop you off and pick you up at Lover's Beach. I'm not sure if there is any snorkeling there. It would be way too rough on the Pacific side and with all the water taxis coming back and forth on the Cabo side, I don't think I would feel too safe snorkeling there. If you really want to snorkel, you'd probably have better luck with one of the boat tours that take you to a good local snorkeling location.

If you use the water taxi's, you will most likely pay for a round trip if going to Lover's Beach. Make sure you know what your water taxi's number is and what the driver/boat looks like. Many look very similar. It is not a problem to pay for a round trip, they are honest.

Important to know. There are very limited services/facilities available on Lovers Beach. You pretty much have to bring everything with you. There is a small snorkeling area near the beach. The quality of which I can't speak to. There are a lot of boats/jet ski's nearby and I don't know how this effects the fish. Water temps are fairly warm July-November, getting pretty darn cold December-April (wetsuit time).

Don't pay for round trip to Lover's beach. Too many reports of the taxi driver not coming back. People do snorkle there but it really depends on how much boat traffic there is. It is a very small area and the tour boats and water taxis can cause the water to get really churned up. When there are cruise ships in, of course the traffic is even worse than normal. You don't want to spend all your time with your head out of the water to see if a boat is about to hit you.

If you really want to snorkle, I would take a catamaran tour to Santa Maria or Chilano Bay where the snorkling is much better. There are some really great companies that do a 4 hour trip. We love Pez Gato and have used them many times.

Enjoy Cabo!

Archived