Help - new to Princess - cabin question

happy flamingo

We are getting ready to book on the Crown Princess for 4/19/08. We are looking at Cat. BD/Balcony on either the Aloha or Baja Deck. Looks like forward on the Aloha Deck and midship on the Baja. Can anyone tell me if these are covered balconies. A friend is putting a group together and these are the cabins selected. We've never been on Princess before - 4 times on Carnival - and are very excited to try something new. Not that we don't love Carnival - just want to try something different. Also, DH must have a cigar bar - I see there is one - the Speakeasy Cigar Lounge - I believe. I'm full of questions re. anytime/traditional dining (that's new for us), the Chef's Table, etc. and would love any info/advice. I've read good/so-so/bad about the food but I figure if I don't have to cook it or clean the kitchen it's gotta be good! Thanks!

Hi Flamingo!

I haven't been on the Crown, so I can't answer the more specific questions, but I can tell you a little bit about anytime dining.

We (DH and I) had tried anytime dining for the first time on the Grand over Christmas last year. We had done nothing but traditional dining on Princess- Tahitian, Carnival, Royal, Celebrity and HAL. We really liked the anytime dining. It gave us time to do as we pleased. The Grand had two Anytime dining and it was always easy for us to find room in one of them. We were just looking for the two of us and we were willing to share a table with others.

The service we had was good. I thought our waiters/waitresses were always good. The MD liked us since we always went to the same dining room. He knew we were easy to please 'just stick us anywhere.' He often found us a table for two- which was nice- though we never asked for one. We always told hime: "Whatever works for you and your staff." The smile we got was really neat.

We never had to wait for a table and we went at different times- generally early. I also liked the fact that they didn't do the dancing aked Alaska end of the cruise thing at the end. I'm not fond of baked Alaska.

We don't get the chef's table in Anytime. Someone can tell you more about the chef's table. On the Tahitian it may have been different so I can't comment on that.

I like Princess more than Carnival since it isn't the party atmosphere that we had encountered on our carnival ships. Maybe Carnival has changed, but we like Princess for what they offer.

I think you will have a great trip!!! Have a great time!

Gabrielle

In the last few days there have been a lot of threads about the dining aspect(traditonal and anytime) on this board. Just read those. Also the Chefs table has been discussed extensively. I would suggest just reading the last few days of those topics. i believe there is about 3 threads regarding anytime and traditonal dining.

Welcome to princess.

marilyn

Archived