luggage express - please explain

It's arranged on your last day. There is a paper to fill out that must be turned in by a certain time. Put your bags out as usual the night before, and presto chango, pick them up at your home airport. LOVE IT.

The fee was $15 each person last year. This year, who knows. Not all airlines do this. We were on United, or Alaska.:confused: For sure call around for any new fees this year, and which carriers are involved.

Unless this changed recently, only certain ships do the luggage express. For example, the Valor out of Miami was the only ship doing the luggage express. Hoping it is implemented fleetwide, this would make my life easier when doing the Liberty in November.

I used luggage express when I got off the Legend (out of tampa). I used it this past March and it was still only $15. I, personally, think it is worth every cent. As a previous poster said, you put your luggage out at night, as usual, and you don't see it again until you arrive at your final destination. Also, they print the boarding passes for your airline flight(s) right on board the ship and deliver them to your cabin with the luggage tags.

It's arranged on your last day. There is a paper to fill out that must be turned in by a certain time. Put your bags out as usual the night before, and presto chango, pick them up at your home airport. LOVE IT.

The fee was $15 each person last year. This year, who knows. Not all airlines do this. We were on United, or Alaska.:confused: For sure call around for any new fees this year, and which carriers are involved.

would i call carnival or in my case american airlines?

thanks for the info. sounds very interesting.

madi

would i call carnival or in my case american airlines?

thanks for the info. sounds very interesting.

madi

I agree with what has been posted above. Only certain ships & airlines are participating in the program right now. Checking with AA would probably be your best bet.

I see you are from Dallas. You should visit our DFW thread located in Floataway Lounge sometime. Several local cruisers that get together occasionally for dinner & drinks.

Sounds like a great concept. But I'm curious if there's any impact on the amount of lost luggage when using this method?

Don't know the stats on this, but we, as a group, had about 10 pieces of luggage. We flew from Tampa, changed planes in Cincinnati, and then flew into our final destination, LaGuardia (NYC). All of our luggage came right up with everyone elses luggage at LaGuardia.

[would i call carnival or in my case american airlines?

About midway through your cruise information about luggage express will be delivered to your cabin. Along with the info is a list of participating airlines. I'm sorry, but I can't remember if american airlines was one of the participating airlines.

Unless this changed recently, only certain ships do the luggage express. For example, the Valor out of Miami was the only ship doing the luggage express. Hoping it is implemented fleetwide, this would make my life easier when doing the Liberty in November.

Liberty did offer luggage express last week for 15.00

Liberty did offer luggage express last week for 15.00

That is great news and I will do luggage express if offered on the Liberty. On the last day, it is so aggravating to tote all that luggage around.

Archived