Special Food Requests

birdstar

Two of my sons have restricted diets and we have requested special food for them from the cruise line. If we all decide to go to the buffet to eat can they bring my sons food to them or are we required to go to the main dining room for then to get their special requests.

Two of my sons have restricted diets and we have requested special food for them from the cruise line. If we all decide to go to the buffet to eat can they bring my sons food to them or are we required to go to the main dining room for then to get their special requests.

They will not deliver special foods to the buffet. You will have to go to the main dining room for special diet foods that have been ordered.

You will have to look over the buffet to see what the boys can eat and fill (have them fill) their plates with acceptable food.

Also, the first night in the dining room, make sure the waiter is aware of their restrictions. It will be easier if you have traditional dining.

Thanks for the info, that is what i figured. So i guess we will either all be dining in the main dining room or just the boys will go there when the rest of the family (we are traveling with in-laws and some friends) want to do the buffet. The boys are 22, 21, and 17 so we aren't releasing 4 year olds to wander by themselves.

We're in this situation for one of us. You need to go to one of the Main Dining Rooms to receive the meal. Now, what I was told by Princess is this: if you're scheduled for Anytime Dining, they won't know who you are if you just appear, and you'd have to let your server know about the special food. A reservation in advance from your room will help (such requests are "attached" to the shipboard ID cards, which shows up when the reservation will be made for your party), since then they'll know to expect you and have it ready once you show up. Traditional Dining times should already have it noted since the table and time are set up ahead of time for the respective IDs, so it -ideally- a reminder won't be necessary.

Archived