Which Paris airport?

missyal

Just to go into central Paris?

If so, I don't think there's very much in it if you're coming from the US; Orly is a bit closer to town, but to get there by public transport requires taking the RER followed by a change (quite easy) to a dedicated shuttle called the Orlyval to the airport itself.

Thanks Globaliser--We fly into Paris and stay 2 nights before our river cruise. So I was trying to talk myself out of flying into CDG becuase of the many bad stories I've read. I know that no airport is without problems. The cruise line will pick us up at either airport.

Missyal

Thanks Globaliser--We fly into Paris and stay 2 nights before our river cruise. So I was trying to talk myself out of flying into CDG becuase of the many bad stories I've read. I know that no airport is without problems. The cruise line will pick us up at either airport.

Missyal

I have never found CDG as bad as many others think it to be. More to the point, I have not heard complaints about landing there ... all the complaints (well, most of them) relate to transferring there.

the only problem with landing there is that many of the planes offload on the tarmac, so you have to board a bus which takes you to the terminal.

I'd pick the airport as an incidental to departing airport, timing of the flight and choice of airline. Please note that if you are arriving at morning rush hour, the traffic to the central city is going to be ugly from either airport.

Paul

I flew in and out of CDG last April. No problems. Hubby and I took the air france bus into town (I think 14 euro pp each way). Last stop was right in front of the Arc de Triumph (sp) which was a 5-10 min walk to our hotel. Enjoy Paris!

Archived