Independance of the Seas - cabin & clothing

Do the cabins have tea and coffee making facilities?

Also, do people dress up on the formal nights, do ladies wear long dresses? Are jeans allowed on the casual nights?

Thanks

Debbie:)

No cabins have coffee or tea making facilities that I know of on any cruiseline. They do have a room service menu you just hang on your door and state what time you want your coffee delivered and voila there it is.

Iv worn black jeans to dinner when I didnt have anything else to wear, but if you have some black slacks they would be better. Id say its frowned upon, but folks do it.

No cabins have coffee or tea making facilities that I know of on any cruiseline. They do have a room service menu you just hang on your door and state what time you want your coffee delivered and voila there it is.

Actually, GS cabins and above now have Ensuite coffee/tea service..........it's the french press version. It is one of the perks for staying in a suite.

Iv worn black jeans to dinner when I didnt have anything else to wear, but if you have some black slacks they would be better. Id say its frowned upon, but folks do it.

We were on the June 14th sailing...

All cabins have kettles that boil water. Tea bags, instant coffee, and creamer were provided. DD brought hot chocoloate packets from Cafe Promenade to make in her cabin.

As far as dress on formal nights, not sure how it will be in the Caribbean, but it was quite formal in Europe. Everyone looked great! Lots of tuxedos, long dresses, and of course, kilts. It was great to see everyone on the Promenade and in the bars prior to dinner. The percentage of passengers in formalwear was higher than on any other RCI cruise we've been on. Definitely much higher than on the Radiance cruise we took this March. For the most part, kids dressed formally as well.

No cabins have coffee or tea making facilities that I know of on any cruiseline.

In addition to the already mentioned facilities on Independence and all other RCCL ships in GS and up. I know about at least one other line to offer these - NCL had them on the Dawn

In addition to the already mentioned facilities on Independence and all other RCCL ships in GS and up. I know about at least one other line to offer these - NCL had them on the Dawn

Costa Asia & P&O have tea/coffee facilities in the cabin too, along with Olsen...apart from Braemar as she had a kettle go bang in 2007 thanks to some bright spark turning it on without any water in it :rolleyes:, however that might have changed now that she has been stretched. I think Cunard may also have them, but not 100% sure. Most ex UK ships have them...cos we are tea/coffee addicts ;)

Costa Asia & P&O have tea/coffee facilities in the cabin too, along with Olsen...apart from Braemar as she had a kettle go bang in 2007 thanks to some bright spark turning it on without any water in it :rolleyes:, however that might have changed now that she has been stretched. I think Cunard may also have them, but not 100% sure. Most ex UK ships have them...cos we are tea/coffee addicts ;)

Cunard QM2 does not have them, at least not in all categories.

On formal nights, evening gowns are the dress of choice. You will also see cocktail dresses and on the men, suits and tuxes.

On casual evenings, anything except shorts are the order of the day. Jeans are kind of hot and "not tropical" if your in the Caribbean. (I've never brought denim on a caribbean cruise!) Capris, slacks, skirts, dresses, are what you'll see the most!

Archived