Kusadasi Tours Travel Agency

I've been reading all the posts I can find on this thread about private tours to Ephesus. While a lot of the guides mentioned sounded awesome, all are out of my price range except for Ekol, who I might book with.

Today I was looking into "do it yourself" tour information and stumbled across the website for Kusadasi Tours Travel Agency. They offer a 5 hour tour of Ephesus & Sirince Village with lunch for 54.00/person! I've read that Sirince village is a pretty interesting place to visit if you can.

I haven't seen this travel agency mentioned. Has anyone used them that can report back their experience?

I have booked Kaleici Hamam Turkish Bath for us, anyone been there recently? This whole trip is a present to me from my mom (probably the most generous gift I've received in my life ;)). I wanted to give something back, and a tour in the 60.00 pp range plus the Turkish baths is about all that's in my budget. If I can't afford a "good" tour, I'd rather research and do it myself and then take my mom out to a nice dinner instead.

I've been reading all the posts I can find on this thread about private tours to Ephesus. While a lot of the guides mentioned sounded awesome, all are out of my price range except for Ekol, who I might book with.

Today I was looking into "do it yourself" tour information and stumbled across the website for Kusadasi Tours Travel Agency. They offer a 5 hour tour of Ephesus & Sirince Village with lunch for 54.00/person! I've read that Sirince village is a pretty interesting place to visit if you can.

I haven't seen this travel agency mentioned. Has anyone used them that can report back their experience?

I have booked Kaleici Hamam Turkish Bath for us, anyone been there recently? This whole trip is a present to me from my mom (probably the most generous gift I've received in my life ;)). I wanted to give something back, and a tour in the 60.00 pp range plus the Turkish baths is about all that's in my budget. If I can't afford a "good" tour, I'd rather research and do it myself and then take my mom out to a nice dinner instead.

Hi there, I have never used them myself... but I found some good reviews for kusadasi.biz so I wrote them and asked for a price for a four hour tour that did not include lunch or shopping (we did not want to have the pressure of the carpet stop) and this is what I received from them along with a bunch of the usual stuff such as what to wear, distances, etc. Sorry, I only have one of the options as I lost the email when my computer crashed (I had posted this for another lady I am sharing the tour with). I just thought you might want to check them out for yourself. If nothing else, it is a great website with wonderful information and a neat video on Ephesus.

And the quotation for Ephesus Tour on 11th of November for 4 pax is

I can offer you 3 alternatives as below;

(children discounts; 0-6 years free, 7-12 years full Price.)

Ephesus Tour :

1) Ancient city of Ephesus, Temple of Artemis. ( half day- excluding lunch) 4hrs duration

The tour price is 40 US $ per person. (for 4 pax)

Unlike many of the European ports, Kusadasi/Ephesus is not one that you could really "do" yourself, particularly if you want to see the ruins in Ephesus. They are quite awesome and, in my opinion, shouldn't be missed. Although I did not use EKOL, other people we've cruised with did and were happy. We used Sammys Travel and thought the service, the guide and the program were first rate. Our tour was about 8 hours and the per person cost was $62, which included lunch, the ruins at Ephesus, a visit to the Virgin Mary House, and also St. John's burial site, etc. That $62 p/p was for a group of 6 people. If you put together a larger group (our van could have held 12 people) your cost would go down. It's fairly simple to get others to join you by making a post on your roll call. Check out Sammys Travel website. Whoever you use, have fun!

Thanks so much for your replies.

I have to say I am very happy with what Kusadasi Travel is telling me via email. Hopefully what you get is as good as what you're being described. Compared to the recommended private guides (who I am sure are excellent and very much worth it, they're just out of my budget) this service seems like a very big bargain. I'm aware that I'll probably be subjected to "shopping opportunities" but that doesn't really bother me. I did the only thing I could think of to "check the agency ot" and that is to look them up at TURSAB, where they are indeed registered as a class A travel agency.

The addition of Sirince is really appealling to me. After Ephesus, that's where we'll go for lunch if I book this tour. BTW, if Sirince turns out to be the place I'll be pitched to buy things, I won't mind at all since it all sounds like stuff I'd like to buy! Here's what I'm told:

"In Sirince, you can enjoy the main market area of the Village, with olive

oil soaps, fruit wines, etc. The lunch is starting with Turkish Appetizers

seaweed, eggplant-aubergine- salad, green pepper stuffed with local cheese,

Stuffed wine leaves and then "Gozleme" comes, the Turkish pancake cooked in

the wood fire clay owen with cheese and spinach inside. After this main

course is rice and roasted beef. The last part is fresh fruits. In Sirince the inhabitants are making handmade melon, blackberry, peach, apple, strawberry, mulberry wines. And they let visitors to taste the wines in their houses. So after we have lunch, you will have a chance to do that as well."

Now, I have to tell you, that sounds just about perfect to me, and I think I'm being swayed based on that description alone!!

Also after the tour, they'll take us to the Turkish Baths and wait for us before taking us back to the port.

I say again, I'm really leaning towards booking this, 64 for the tour, 20 for the baths, plus a tip to our guide. It slightly edges out Ekol, who quoted 55, plus 10 more for the terrace houses, no lunch.

Any more suggestions? I really appreciate them all.

Thanks so much for your replies.

I have to say I am very happy with what Kusadasi Travel is telling me via email. Hopefully what you get is as good as what you're being described. Compared to the recommended private guides (who I am sure are excellent and very much worth it, they're just out of my budget) this service seems like a very big bargain. I'm aware that I'll probably be subjected to "shopping opportunities" but that doesn't really bother me. I did the only thing I could think of to "check the agency ot" and that is to look them up at TURSAB, where they are indeed registered as a class A travel agency.

The addition of Sirince is really appealling to me. After Ephesus, that's where we'll go for lunch if I book this tour. BTW, if Sirince turns out to be the place I'll be pitched to buy things, I won't mind at all since it all sounds like stuff I'd like to buy! Here's what I'm told:

"In Sirince, you can enjoy the main market area of the Village, with olive

oil soaps, fruit wines, etc. The lunch is starting with Turkish Appetizers

seaweed, eggplant-aubergine- salad, green pepper stuffed with local cheese,

Stuffed wine leaves and then "Gozleme" comes, the Turkish pancake cooked in

the wood fire clay owen with cheese and spinach inside. After this main

course is rice and roasted beef. The last part is fresh fruits. In Sirince the inhabitants are making handmade melon, blackberry, peach, apple, strawberry, mulberry wines. And they let visitors to taste the wines in their houses. So after we have lunch, you will have a chance to do that as well."

Now, I have to tell you, that sounds just about perfect to me, and I think I'm being swayed based on that description alone!!

Also after the tour, they'll take us to the Turkish Baths and wait for us before taking us back to the port.

I say again, I'm really leaning towards booking this, 64 for the tour, 20 for the baths, plus a tip to our guide. It slightly edges out Ekol, who quoted 55, plus 10 more for the terrace houses, no lunch.

Any more suggestions? I really appreciate them all.

Sakana, so many people never post a follow up here, where you've posted beforehand! Please try to keep us informed, and have a lovely trip with your Mom! You are ever so lucky to have the opportunity to travel with her!;)

Hello...

I think the addition of Sirince to your tour is wonderful. We were just there last year and the village is quaint and priceless; we had once of the best lunches we've ever had in our lives in a humble, but beautiful restaurant at the very top of the village.

I'm not sure where they're taking you for lunch, but I'd highly suggest asking for the one highest up with the great view over the city. It was paradise? Does anyone actually know the name of this restaurant? I've looked at my pictures and see no name on the sign...just a "welcome".

Yes, the shopping was lovely...low pressure...lots of choices.

Enjoy!

murphysmum;)

Well, I booked with Kusadasi Tours today. About 200 dollars for two people which includes the tour to Ephesus, Terrace Houses, Artemis Temples, and Sirince with lunch, plus two Turkish baths and two oil massages after the bath. :) The only other thing to pay for are tips and souvenirs.

Murphysmom, if you recall the name of that restaurant, please let me know!

Dog Mommie, I'll definitely come back with a report on our experience. Off topic, looks like you have Shar Peis? I have Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs (just lost my youngster to epilepsy, though) and a standard longhaired Dachshund. :) I think I put my dog's website in my profile...

Kusadasi Tours was terrific on our visit in May! I organized 3 vans for 12 people each and EVERYONE was thrilled with our day. I can higly recommend them! The man even called me in Arizona to ask some questions when he didn't hear from me via e-mail. We had a great price and a great tour!

Carol

Carol and Sakana...

The tour you've booked sounds really great!!

I have a question - did you have to pay advance deposit to make this reservation, and if so, how much was it?

Thanks and I hope that you'll come back to tell us how it was, Sakana!!

MC

carolmacey,

Thanks for answering that question! I know there are many of us first-timers to Ephesus who want to hear a good report. I, too, have booked w/ them. Excellent tour for an excellent price. Mary's House, St. John's, Temple of Artemis, Ephesus Museum, Ephesus, Terrace Houses, lunch and no shopping. $74.50 per person for a private tour for me & my husband. No deposit required. Will give update after cruise.

WE loved that tour in Kusadasi.

Check out our review and pics at http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/holyland.html

As for the Hamam, be sure you are with your very closest friends, or people you will never see again in your life!!

;o)

YOu will love it all.

Have a GREAT cruise!

Hi, did you use Euros or Lira in Turkey ... Euros or Pounds in Egypt.

Thanks,

Archived