Grouse Mountain Skyline Ride

I was wondering is this tour/ride available all year round? I will be in Vancouver on Sept 20th and I thought I read that it is only available until Sept 13th. Is that correct?

I will be there for my anniversary and hoped that I could take a Sunset ride over the mountains on that day.

If it is available how much does it cost? Are there any restaurants to have a nice casual dinner. I would love to have an anniversary dinner with a beautiful view.

Thanks for your help!

I was wondering is this tour/ride available all year round? I will be in Vancouver on Sept 20th and I thought I read that it is only available until Sept 13th. Is that correct?

I will be there for my anniversary and hoped that I could take a Sunset ride over the mountains on that day.

If it is available how much does it cost? Are there any restaurants to have a nice casual dinner. I would love to have an anniversary dinner with a beautiful view.

Yes the skyride and restaurants are open all year round but the summer activities such as the lumberjack show will wind down in mid Sept. If it is a clear evening on September 20th then it would be spectacular way to spend an anniversary evening. However I would make a note of their number and not make a reservation until the morning of because there is not point in going up there if it is not a clear day; there are a lot of other nice restaurants that we can recommend if it is not a clear evening. Here is a link to their admissions page:

http://www.grousemountain.com/Summer/tickets-membership/general-admission.asp

Thanks Putterdude you have been so helpful.

A question about these tours. If I did the Hop on Hop off tour from the Vancouver Trolly co. I assume that the Grous Mountain Sunset tour would be a whole different tour with separate costs. Do you think that would be the best way to spend a full day in Vancouver? I love the idea of sunset dining with a skyline view.

I don't see the Robson St as one of the stops on the Hop on Hop off tour. Is that correct? Since I am on Burnaby st. I think I can get there on my own. I believe you filled me in on that before. I guess I am trying to cram everything into one day. I leave for my cruise on Sun so all I have is Sat to see the best of Vancouver.

Can you give me any other wise ways to get this all done? You really do know your stuff.

I appreciate your help!

I agree, it looks to me like the Sunset Tour is a whole seperate charge over and above the cost of a normal hoho tour, the tickets for which are good for 2 days. But may I suggest that you give them a call on their 1800 number to confirm. They do stop at the Blue Horizon hotel on Robson St. but if you are looking for a pick up or drop off then the Quality Inn on Howe at Drake would be your best bet.

Back to the Sunset Tour, at $70 it is more than double the charge on the Skyride and for not much more or about the same you could take a cab. However, it is also quite accessable by transit and here is a link for your convenience.

http://www.translink.bc.ca/

If you are using the Vancouver Trolley hop on hop off - the closest stop would be the Marriott and Landis hotels at Davie and Howe.

If you decide to do the Big bus - they have a stop at Davie and Thurlow about half a block from your hotel.

Here's there web address:http://www.bigbus.ca

Cheers

Dennis

Yes the skyride and restaurants are open all year round but the summer activities such as the lumberjack show will wind down in mid Sept. If it is a clear evening on September 20th then it would be spectacular way to spend an anniversary evening. However I would make a note of their number and not make a reservation until the morning of because there is not point in going up there if it is not a clear day; there are a lot of other nice restaurants that we can recommend if it is not a clear evening. Here is a link to their admissions page:

http://www.grousemountain.com/Summer/tickets-membership/general-admission.asp

I went onto their website and found this:

Your Grouse Mountain Admission is your ticket to a multitude of activities happening every day at The Peak of Vancouver.

Adult (19-64 years) $34.95

Senior (65+ years) $32.95

Youth (13-18 years) $20.95

Child (5-12 years) $12.95

Tot (4 years & under) Free

So for 34.95, what will I get beside the sky ride? We will be there the second week of September. All the other "multitude of activities" have an additional charge according to the web site.

If that's all you get for your ticket price, I guess my question is if its worth it?

What you won't get is the lumberjack show and the other enterainment. The bears, the walks, the chair lifts and the other are still available. Frankly the lumberjack show is kind of a touristy thing and the bands etc would be third tier so you are not missing a ton, it is kind of window dressing. What the ride does offer is what I believe is the longest gondola ride (presently in North America) and the most spectacular views in the city on a clear day. At the end of the day I think only you can decide if you think it is worth it as different people put different value on different things. That said, it is a waste of money if it is a cloudy or rainy day...if you look up at the mountain and can't see the to then you won't be able to see down.

A couple more questions.

I checked the 1st stop on the Hop on Hop off tours and they both start out in Gastown. How far is Burnaby St to Gastown? Will I need to take a cab or is it walkable?

Can you recommend some nice but not too pricey restaurant in Grandville Island or English Bay? I think that would have a nice view of the waterfront. I think they would be close to my hotel. Is that correct? They would be my back up choices if the weather doesn't work out for the Grouse Mountain tour.

I will probably have more questions as I research more.........

I do appreciate everyone's help.

Thanks

You can walk to Gastown from your hotel....allow about 20 mins but I would be included to pick it up enroute at one of the hotels close to your hotel.

Restaurants:

On English Bay would be the Boathouse.

In Stanley Park would be the Fishhouse.

Granville Island would be the Dockside in Granville Island Hotel.

There is also the Kettle of Fish on Pacific which is an easy walk from your hotel.

http://www.granvilleislandhotel.com/

www.fishhousestanleypark.com/

www.boathouserestaurants.ca/

www.akettleoffish.net/

Archived