No summer 09 cruises to Caribbean/Bahamas?

Jeanne B

We're thinking of doing a cruise in late June/early July of 09 and I was looking to see what NCL had available but I don't see any cruises listed to either the Caribbean or the Bahamas...is this typical for NCL? Our first cruise was on NCL but that was 3-1/2 years ago so I'm not familiar with their schedule these days. I see they're doing 3-4 day Bahamas cruises this summer on the Sky and that's probably what we'd be most interested in but the website only lists date through 4/09.

The Majesty used to sail WC from Nov. to April, but now she's started a Bahamas/FL itinerary. July is pretty Hurricane-ish to sail to WC and Bahamas.

I'm just surprised because all or most of the other cruise lines have summer itineraries to the Bahamas and the Caribbean (although we typically cruise in late fall or early Dec). They seem to be pretty good about adjusting their itineraries at the last minute for hurricanes.

It looks like we'll be cruising Carnival or Disney but I was looking forward to seeing what NCL had to offer since we enjoyed the Freestyle cruising at the time we cruised with them.

Jeanne B, glad to see I'm not the only one who thought it strange NCL avoids the Caribbean in the summer. We're looking at going back to Disney or trying RCI (if we opt out of our NCL Med cruise for 09 summer.)

Hope you find a cruise to your liking. :)

Archived