Carry On Luggage

Cruller

Are there limits for carry on luggage? Number of pieces? Sizes?

Specifically, can I bring a small suitcase (approx. 3' x 2') on wheels as part of my carry on luggage?

Thanks in advance for your help! (I tried a search first, but I couldn't find anything on point.)

Hi... as far as I am aware , Cunard have no restrictions on luggage , you can bring what you want ( within reason ) . Just remember the main restrictions usually apply when you fly , this is the only drawback .

Hope this helps ...:)

Stephen,

Thank you for your reply. Do you know if it is okay to keep one of the suitcases with you when you embark?

I wasn't sure what kind of baggage inspection they do of carry ons during embarkation. I would love to wheel one of my bags right on the ship, but I don't want to hold everyone else up unnecessarily.

Thanks!

Cruller

Your bag will need to fit through an x-ray machine like the ones at the airport. If it won't fit, the baggage handlers will have to put it on the ship for you. They do make exceptions for musical instruments, but not much else.

Cheers,

J

In Southampton, Ft. Lauderdale and NYC I have taken ALL my stuff on-board and then off again from Cunard ships. That includes my carry-on with the cameras and mt "2nd self" size suitcase/duffle bag. They have whined that my stuff won't fit in the X-ray machine but so far I've been OK. But, yes you do have to tote and drag it along yourself. BUT I regularly am unpacked and ready to go out to play withing 20 minutes of hitting my cabin.

Archived