Buying flowers in Seattle for Cruise

Alaska_or_bust

Ebay also has options as low as .99cents - $1.99 w/free shipping.

Not sure if they seem a bit smaller capacity???

Warning: shipping could easily take up to 3 weeks, as coming from China and Hong Kong, Search under "collapsible vase" and also under "foldable vase" over on ebay.

I just compared sizes:

a vasu vase http://www.amazon.com/Flower-Vase-Transisto-Vazu-Vases/dp/B0028789RE/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1310703730&sr=1-1

is 11 1/4" x 6.22 x 5.5 (flat)

verses the ebay ones: http://cgi.ebay.com/Blue-horizontal-styled-foldable-plastic-flower-vase-/190554132871?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5de95187

at 10.8" x 5.90 x 3.9 inches (flat)

BUT...the Amazon ones have a $5.75 shipping charge! Ok...them 'da facts!

OK...I PROMISE, last post on this lol!

I just purchased 4 so that I can get the free shipping (I hate paying shipping)....but I only needed 2. If anyone is interested in my remaining 2, you can paypal me exact price of $6.99 for 1 /or $13.98 for the two. Otherwise, I will keep them for gifts. (my alternate plan LOL) I purchased the large sized of 8X13 both in Crystal Red and Crystal Green color. Add 1st class shipping for $1.65

http://www.drdynamicslogin.com/products/shopwondervase/?Tag=WSD

You can PM me if interested....I would ship yours out, the day I receive my order.

BUT...the Amazon ones have a $5.75 shipping charge! Ok...them 'da facts!

There are a few similar vases on Amazon that are eligible for Amazon Prime free shipping. They are a little more expensive ($6.50) but it's worth it to me to save on the shipping. I'm a Prime member already, so no problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I received my large wonder vases and played with one yesterday. These are awesome. Surprisingly sturdy. And best of all pack flat with no weight! I definitely recommend them.

Btw: I still have the 2 extras, "if" anyone is interested. (I will not solicit any more, I prefer to just give them to my cruisin friends if no one here wants them.

Tks : )

Granted we cruised on Princess and it may be different from other cruise lines,but we bought flowers at Pike Place Market. Besides being unbelievably affordable and beautiful, it was a great souvernir of our two day visit to Seattle prior to the cruise. As soon as our room steward saw us with the flowers he got a vase for us. The only thing the Princess cruise staff said to us was how beautiful the flowers were.

That is good to know! So far other than verbally over the phone, I haven't heard anyone say they were denied bringing their flowers onboard. I would imagine there would be a great resale market for savvy entrepreneurs, from the large pile of discarded bouquets after disembarking cruise ships left the pier....if they did take our flowers! LOL!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
So what? Now people smuggle flowers onboard like they do with alcohol?

No one said they hid them in thier luggage in Listerine bottles or in baggies taped to thier legs. :confused:

Simply carried them on board with staff compliments is not considered equal.

Archived