Hammocks

abbyndrewmom

Sorry for the double post, I also posted on Cozumel board about this topic.

I remember reading some place that either Cozumel or Playa del Carmen was a good place to buy Hammocks. Can anyone give me any information on this, where to buy them? cost? Are they locally made?

Thanks,

Allison

• 3 months later...

"Hamecas" are locally made in the Yucatan Penisula. Look for one that is tightly woven. They do not have a padded area like many in the US, rather, they are completly woven from one end to another. They are in almost every store in Playa del carmen and Cozumel.

Beth

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While looking for other advice about shopping in Mexico, I found this site about Cozumel and advice about hammocks.

http://www.cozumelmycozumel.com/Pages/CozumelCruisesOnYourOwnShoppingHammocks.htm

There's other great advice on this site about your day in Cozumel, too, but I expect the info about the hammocks would be good no matter where you're going to buy.

BTW, I loved our stop in Calica in December - we just took a cab into Playa and hung out for the day. I loved the beach there and talking to the shopkeepers - lots of tequila samples, too. :D

Archived