Places to eat "reasonably" near Canada Place

Have stayed at PP and at Fairmont Waterfront and our number one problem was where to eat. The hotel food is pretty expensive, altho very good, and I know at CP, there is a Starbucks. Also, have not found the food at the Food court beside Fairmont to be so good. But, tell me of any other places to get good, reasonably priced food that is close to CP. Not like a McDonalds, but maybe a Deli, or small restaurant with good soups and sandwiches, etc. Thank you all, gg

I was in that area last year when I was in Vancouver. Besides the fact that there are two Tim's close (Tim Horton's is about as Canadian as you can) which alway has great fresh sandwiches (not to mention, coffee, doughnuts and muffins.)

We stayed at the Delta, so I walked along Seymour street quite a bit. There were a number of very nice inexpensive oriental restaurants in the area including the restaurant that I stopped in to buy my Bento boxes. There's another two Tim's close to there (where I had breakfast).

Here is a link to Google Map's list of restaurants by distance from Canada Place. http://maps.google.ca/maps?near=780-999+Canada+Place,+Vancouver,+BC+V6C+3C1+(Canada+Place)&geocode=13719203537264564821,49.288096,-123.114902&q=category:+Restaurants&f=l&dq=canada+place,+loc:+vancouver,+bc&ie=UTF8&hl=en&cd=1&ei=c61zSOTFMoeujgGm5O3eBA&ll=49.288103,-123.114896&spn=0.011309,0.023518&z=15

Here's one suggestion:

http://www.moosesdownunder.com/

While I have not had breakfast at this place a group of early morning fitness class participants that I have know for years have chosen this place for there breakfast after their workout - when their regular haunt closed because of construction they searched around and tried a couple of places before settling on this one. It is in the heart of the financial district and only a couple of blocks from your hotel.

There are also a White Spot and Denny's but they are a few more blocks to walk.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

Thank you both for your suggestions. Epharim.....what is a Bento Box? Dennis.....love the Mooses Down Under idea and their menu sounds wonderful. Will check this out in Sept. Thanks, y'all....gg

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the Pan Pacific and the concierge recommended Scoozi's on Howe St. It is about 3-4 blocks up from the Pan Pacific. Breakfast there was wonderful. Homemade yogart and fresh fruit. The homemade banana bread was to die for. Will definitely go there again when in Vancouver.

We stayed at the Pan Pacific and the concierge recommended Scoozi's on Howe St. It is about 3-4 blocks up from the Pan Pacific. Breakfast there was wonderful. Homemade yogart and fresh fruit. The homemade banana bread was to die for. Will definitely go there again when in Vancouver.

Scoozi's is a great choice breakfast, lunch or a light dinner. They have been feeding downtown business people for I would guess more than 20 years now.

Scoozies sounds like a great idea.....thanks to you all for the information on these eatin' places.

Am hoping to get my documents soon to see if we, indeed, have the Fairmont Waterfront for our two days pre and one day post cruise hotel booked through HAL. The HAL rep told our TA she was 99% sure it would be W.F. and if not PP. We were at both last year and loved it. I wonder :rolleyes: if I could call the F.W. and ask if they have reservations yet with our name on them.....hmmmmm. gg

Scoozies sounds like a great idea.....thanks to you all for the information on these eatin' places.

Am hoping to get my documents soon to see if we, indeed, have the Fairmont Waterfront for our two days pre and one day post cruise hotel booked through HAL. The HAL rep told our TA she was 99% sure it would be W.F. and if not PP. We were at both last year and loved it. I wonder :rolleyes: if I could call the F.W. and ask if they have reservations yet with our name on them.....hmmmmm. gg

Never hurts to ask, all they will say is yes or no we don't have it yet.:)

On W. Hastings next to the Delta and across from Harbour Center there's a great lunch place called Delicado's that serves homemade soup, roll-ups (wraps) and salads with a southwestern flavour. It's easy to miss because the W. Hastings entrance is inside the Standards Building. There is also an entrance on Richards St.

Here's a link:

http://www.delicados-deli.com

• 2 weeks later...
Don't expect too much. I believe there is a White Spot that's walking distance.

The closest White Spot is at Georgia and Seymour, kitty corner to the Hundsons Bay dept store and about 7/8 blocks from Canada Place. White Spots are kind of an upscale Applebies and do serve very good breakfasts.

Hey PD, Vickie and others - I am leaving in the morning for Banff and then a one week hiking trip into the Mt Assiniboine Region of the Rockies so I will be on-line infrequently til Sunday and then nothing until I come out of the mountains on Aug 10, 2008.

I trust that you will do a good job of making sure all the requests are handled with your usual due diligence.

Cheers

Dennis

Hey PD, Vickie and others - I am leaving in the morning for Banff and then a one week hiking trip into the Mt Assiniboine Region of the Rockies so I will be on-line infrequently til Sunday and then nothing until I come out of the mountains on Aug 10, 2008.

I trust that you will do a good job of making sure all the requests are handled with your usual due diligence.

Have a great time, I am likely away Aug 7-9 for the AGM of HMCS Quadra's Alumni Assoc. in Comox, plus the ship is receiving the freedom of the city from Courtenay and the sword that will be used to knock on the door of city hall will be that of DW's uncle who was the first CO of Quadra back in the 50's. DW and I used the sword to cut or wedding cake some 38 years ago and I borrowed the sword 2 years ago from the "Q" so that our son and his bride could cut their wedding cake..

Archived