Sticking close to home

*Sparkle*

Now that airline prices have increased :mad: (fares and luggage fees):mad: as well as the increase in cancelled flights, I have decided to limit my cruises to only ships leaving out of New York City. What are the chances of the cruiselines rotationg ships to different departure ports?

Now that airline prices have increased :mad: (fares and luggage fees):mad: as well as the increase in cancelled flights, I have decided to limit my cruises to only ships leaving out of New York City. What are the chances of the cruiselines rotationg ships to different departure ports?

Baltimore is getting the Pride....so that should help. :) (And there is rumor that Wilmington, NC has a brand new port looking for action!)

The strange thing, it has always been CHEAPER for us to FLY to Florida and sail out of Miami, or FLL, ... then to drive to NYC and sail from there.

Supply and Demand I suppose.

It will be interesting to compare the prices for next year. I bet NYC will be the choice for quite a few in the Northeast.

Now, if we can only get a ship to sail out of Boston!

Catrin

We have a brand new terminal here in Norfolk.

The problem is that the choices suck as far as destinations.

I do think Baltimore was a good choice for Carnival as it could draw people who want to drive from NY, NJ, PA, DC, MD, DE and VA.

Perhaps the cruiselines will realize that people are less willing to fly now due to cost and will start basing ships in other places.

Its a win win for everybody.

Archived