Pacific Sun versus Pacific Dawn

Thanks guys for your input.

I always go on holidays with an "open mind" and must admit that there has never been a holiday I haven't enjoyed.

I am aware that no comparisons can be drawn between some cruise lines and I booked this cruise well-knowing that it would be about the same standard as Pacific Dawn.

I appreciate all your comments and am looking forward to a big sushi

pig-out. Sounds the go!;)

As for the pasta dishes, I'll get my home-made pasta fix before cruising and that should solve everything.

Cheers and thanks again.:p :p

I hear that it's your anniversary on this cruise Fruitygirl... what a great time you will have... just as well you have a fantastic travel agent who remembers these things... haha.

Our waiter told us that they try not to have meals 'too spicy or too strong' so maybe that is why some of the pasta dishes are a bit bland. My favourite meal is the chicken mushroom risotto, pity it's just an entree. So nice.

Simple answer Sally. Order one as an entree and one as a main dish and then maybe a salad. I am sure they would do it for you.:):)

Shame there is not lobster as i would order lobster tails for starter,main and dessert!:D Yumo.

I skin dive for fresh ones when i get the chance and love them and bugs.I really love abalone and used to have it once a week as i skin dived for it,Then make it into rissole's! now i am hungry!:D

There's a news item on the P&O website which sounds like they're updating the menus -

P&O Cruises’ executive chef Ravindra Jadhav was inducted into the international gastronomical society, La Chaîne des Rôtisseurs, at an exclusive lunch held onboard superliner Pacific Dawn yesterday.

Ann Sherry, CEO of Carnival Australia which operates P&O Cruises, and the cruise line’s Vice President of Hotel Operations, Sture Myrmell, were also honored during the proceedings by Stephen Marks – Bailli Délégué of La Chaîne des Rôtisseurs.

Ms Sherry said she was thrilled to showcase P&O Cruises new culinary experience in front of such a prestigious audience of food professionals.

“Our association with La Chaîne des Rôtisseurs is a great reflection of the direction we are heading with our food and wine offering,” Ms Sherry said.

“The induction of our executive chef into the Chaîne is an important step in the transformation of the food and wine product onboard P&O Cruises ships, which include innovative new restaurants, modern menus, a new onboard wine list, and sailings featuring wine lectures and food expos”.

Mr Jadhav said the honour of being recognised by such a highly esteemed organisation is a career highlight.

“I am so proud to be part of the gastronomic society. As a chef, it is one of the highest honours and I am thankful for the support of my family and P&O Cruises,” he said.

An impressive menu produced by Mr Jadhav and P&O Cruises’ Food and Beverage Manager, and Chaîne member, Lars Kristiansen was served to the 120 guests in the Palm Court Dining Room.

Many of the dishes and wines served at the event will soon be introduced across the fleet for passengers to enjoy. These dishes feature premium ingredients including Coral Trout, Wagyu Beef and King Crab.

La Chaîne des Rôtisseurs is an international gastronomic society founded in Paris in 1950. It is devoted to promoting fine dining and preserving the camaraderie and pleasures of the table. Today, the Chaîne numbers more than 25,000 members in some 100 countries around the world and in Australia hosts regular fine dining events in the best local restaurants and hotels.

Just close your eyes and pretend while you are eating the seafood sticks! :p

You forgot and hold your nose and put deep heat on your tongue first!:D

Seafood sticks are to seafood lovers what Carob is to a chocolate lover!:D

Archived