MPW On-board

bigpete47uk

Afternoon folks,

Following on from the Marco Pierre White thread below:-

The great man (?) is on-board when I cruise to the Canaries 31st Aug.

Does anyone have any experience of these celebrity chefs being on-board during a cruise? Will it be a quick visit to check out the kitchen or can we expect him on-board for the whole cruise and, more importantly, cooking?

Many thanks for your time,

Pete.

From what I have read on some cruise sites with Gary Rhodes on ARCADIA, he comes on at a port and stays until the next port, so it may be just a few days that he will be onboard and not the full cruise (i would think his time is too precious for that). Gary did book signings, a cookery demo or two, and met people in the restaurant in the evenings who were dining in AR... I don't think he actally cooks while onboard, but no doubt he checks the menus, standard of food and decor of his restaurant whilst onboard and has staff meetings to ensure his 'name' is being used to its best advantage....I would imagine MPW will do a similar amount ?

After seeing him on TV last night I thought he might just come on board, shoot something, spark up a fag , tell everyone to **** off and leave again.

Pete.

He was always the bad boy of cooking in England, but also possibly the best - 3 Michelin *'s, and the youngest english chef to get them.

But he's obviously changed since giving up cooking. Having been a restaurateur and businessman for approaching 10 years he must have become accustomed to keeping his cool - in those circumstances he can't behave in the way he did in his kitchens. Any potential investors wouldn't be impressed at being told to *** off! The White Room on Ventura (and the forthcoming one on Aurora) are an aspect of his career development away from the kitchen, and I imagine he must have gone through a lengthy and careful negotiation with P&O beforehand.

Archived