Many thanks

Hello Everyone,

I saw a thread on this a while back but can't find now. I will be booking

a carnival cruise in Sept. and wanted to know which ships have the

outdoor theatre sceens.

Many thanks

The Splendor, Freedom, Valor, Victory... I think that's all of

'em...

Several other Conquest class ships plus the Destiny and Triumph are scheduled for dry dock this fall and will be getting the Carnival Sea Side Theater upgrade as well.

Hope this helps!

'em...

Several other Conquest class ships plus the Destiny and Triumph are scheduled for dry dock this fall and will be getting the Carnival Sea Side Theater upgrade as well.

Hope this helps!

Liberty has one too! I think....

That's a big YES on the Liberty. She does have an outdoor theatre.

Yep... my mistake... The Liberty was the FIRST Conquest class ship with the Carnival Sea Side Theater! She was BUILT with it!!

Thanks for the correction!!

:)

A question to those who have sailed with MUTS (movies unther the stars)

What movies were shown? Pirates of The Caribbean would be cool to watch under the stars.:)

Depends on when you are cruising... they play a lot of newer movies (in October they played Talladega Nights and Happy Feet, among others), they also had Wizard of Oz on sailaway day... plus plenty of concerts.

So what is the quality of the view and sound of the movie? Can you see and hear good?

Depends on where you are. We watched from behind the hot tubs, then up on the first step up of chairs, and from the hot tub, all three locations were great... good sound and view.

while it was nice, I wouldn't book a ship for it. In fact, I think the movies are a bit behind. New DVD release. On my cruise on the Liberty they played a Janet Jackson concert during the day. I'm far from a prude but I'm not sure I'd have been thrilled if my children were younger. Especially since the images are SO large. I thought they were many concerts available without all the sexual induendo.

while it was nice, I wouldn't book a ship for it. In fact, I think the movies are a bit behind. New DVD release. On my cruise on the Liberty they played a Janet Jackson concert during the day. I'm far from a prude but I'm not sure I'd have been thrilled if my children were younger. Especially since the images are SO large. I thought they were many concerts available without all the sexual induendo.

Yeah, I could deal without hearing Janet Jackson... ever again :p LOL!! We had some great concerts on the big screen, it's a shame they picked JJ for yours... I would have been disappointed too!! I really didn't notice anything playing during the day, but I wasn't looking for it... heck, I guess they could have had JJ for all I know :p

I would think for a cruise something like Jimmy Buffett, Kenny Chesney, Bob Marley, etc would have been sooo much better. But, I much more a fan of live music anyway.

I was all set for MUTS but there was so much to do that I never really wanted to sit for two hours.

'em...

Hope this helps!

Thanks again for the info. I have booked on Valor just because we fell in love with watching movies on our princess cruises while enjoying the sun during the day. It is an added amenity I now look for before booking.

I would think for a cruise something like Jimmy Buffett, Kenny Chesney, Bob Marley, etc would have been sooo much better. But, I much more a fan of live music anyway.

I was all set for MUTS but there was so much to do that I never really wanted to sit for two hours.

I agree! Those are the concerts to put on a cruise!!!!:D

And I can see a movie anytime...I can't imagine me focusing on one while on a cruise ship:rolleyes:

I agree! Those are the concerts to put on a cruise!!!!:D

And I can see a movie anytime...I can't imagine me focusing on one while on a cruise ship:rolleyes:

I didn't think I would either... but we had a blast. One night while everyone was chowing down at the buffet, we watched half of Talladega NIghts, and had a blast... hardly anyone there with us. And then one night we were all meeting after one of our parties and watched Happy Feet... I don't know that we were actually "watching" it, but it was a great backdrop!!!!

Archived