Laundry on the Sun

calikak

I understand there are no self-service laundry rooms on the Sun. I will be cruising with my son, who will be 16 months old, and I'm fairly certain in 11 nights onboard we're bound to have at least one diaper blow-out or exceptionally messy meal that will require some laundry. So, my questions are this:

1. I figure I can hand-wash his clothes in the sink, since he's small and so are his clothes, but is there a clothes line in the bathroom? I've been on some ships that have them and some that don't. If it makes a difference, we're in an AC suite.

2. If I'm feeling lazy and decide not to hand wash his stuff, what kind of prices am I looking at to send stuff out to be washed? I know they sometimes offer a stuff-the-bag-full special, but I'd rather not let his dirties sit too long if I can help it.

Thanks in advance!

I was in an AC suite on the Sun a few months ago. I don't remember a clothesline, but there is a towel rack over the tub that they stack your extra towels on. We used it to hang our wet laundry from. The fill-the-bag special is $15 and they will probably offer it twice on an 11 day cruise.

Sorry, but I don't know what the laundry prices are. I didn't bother to check that.

if you do the fill-the-bag thing, i would maybe bring one of those "pretreat" sticks because they won't check each item for stains. baby stains are hard enough to get out as it is, never mind if they have to sit for a few days and get missed in the wash.

Archived