Siteseeing & Dining Questions

Mary&Jim

Hi all,

My DH, two grandsons ages 8 & 9, and I are sailing on the Wonder on September 28th.

I asked on the roll call for that sailing, but it's not very active yet, so I thought I'd ask here.

Is it possible to request a table in the dining room for just your family?

My DH & I have been on about 12 cruises, but never with our grandchildren. On those trips, we always like to be at a large table, but this time we thought it would be nice to just be with the boys.

Also, one of the boys expressed an interest in taking a submarine ride while in Nassau. I found glass bottom boat rides, but no subs. Has anyone heard of this in the Bahamas? I found info for them in the Carribean, but not Nassau.

Thanks,

Mary&Jim

You can certainly request your own table but it could be a problem. I'd suggest calling your TA (or DCL if you booked directly with them) and make sure your request is on your reservation. Once onboard your table number will be on your key card. Go to Parrot Cay for lunch and find your table. If its not a table for 4, go immediately to where ever they tell you to go for dining requests and talk to the matre d's.

BTW, getting your own table in the dining room for breakfast or lunch is not a problem. Just ask when you walk in.

Check out the Nassau board here or on tripadvisor.com for information about Nassau attractions.

We just cruised on the Wonder in June, we are a family of 4, and we had our own table in the dining room and didn't request it. It looked as if most families had their own tables, very few families were seated with others.

Enjoy your cuise! It was our first and I would go again tomorrow if I could!

Archived