Pacific Dawn 2nd August, CC Meet and Greet

gizzigoo

Hi all,

It looks like we will be most fortunate on this cruise with an Official P&O Meet and Greet on the 3rd in the Bengal bar. Thanks to a certain dogboy who happens to have fantastic contacts, Carnival have kindly agreed to making it offical. How lucky are we!!:D I understand it will be printed in the Pacific Daily also.

There are quite a few CCers who are on our cruise but are not in the roll call.....if you could let me know some numbers this will make it easier so that I can let Carnival know what sized area we will need.

Let me know here or if you would like you can email me, email address below my countdown thingy.

Glenda

Wow!! That's great that there is an official Meet & Greet and that it will be listed in the Pacific Daily.

I notice from reading postings by American CCers that they have an officially sanctioned get together. I tried to organise a meeting of CCers on our last two cruises, and on each occasion only one other person turned up.:confused:

Wow!! That's great that there is an official Meet & Greet and that it will be listed in the Pacific Daily.

I notice from reading postings by American CCers that they have an officially sanctioned get together. I tried to organise a meeting of CCers on our last two cruises, and on each occasion only one other person turned up.:confused:

Hi Evon,

I am hoping that we get a good turn up, thought if I tell all about it we might just end up with a healthy turnout. It would be so nice to meet everyone on CC. I think, and someone will tell me, that the maiden voyage of the PD was the most successfull group. I loved their hats, what a great idea. I think that was Jens (brushtails) idea. Brilliant.

Royal Caribbean does hold the meet and greets if your group gets to 25 and it sounds like they are a roaring success!

Glenda, I did post this in the roll call, but I'll put it here too as it will easier for you if it's all together.

There will be 2 of us, me and hubby.

Thanks Jo and we are 4 so far:D I have mentioned 20 to Carnival and I think that we will be that many at least:D

Hi Glenda

Great idea for a Meet n Greet. We had a lovely one on our recent cruise in the Promenade bar 2nd sea day, which became our meet up place through out the cruise:) we named it "Geri's corner" and there was always a few of us CCers there around 8.30pm at night.

Just be careful how it is worded in the Pacific Daily, I have heard stories of strangers turning up to complain about their cruise experience or P&O, as thats what they thought Cruise Critic was!! :eek: :eek:

Chez

xx

I think, and someone will tell me, that the maiden voyage of the PD was the most successfull group. I loved their hats, what a great idea. I think that was Jens (brushtails) idea. Brilliant.

:D

Yes, we had a great turnout and had a fantastic morning in the Bengal Bar. Most of us had already met but that didn't matter.

The hats were a fantastic idea and as there are a few of us on that cruise that are doing the Samoan Surprise next March we'll be wearing them again. We're thinking about t-shirts as well for next time.

Hi Glenda

Great idea for a Meet n Greet. We had a lovely one on our recent cruise in the Promenade bar 2nd sea day, which became our meet up place through out the cruise:) we named it "Geri's corner" and there was always a few of us CCers there around 8.30pm at night.

Just be careful how it is worded in the Pacific Daily, I have heard stories of strangers turning up to complain about their cruise experience or P&O, as thats what they thought Cruise Critic was!! :eek: :eek:

Chez

xx

Hi Chez,

Followed your blog the whole way, looks like you had a blast on your cruise...well done.

When they put the notice in the Pacific Daily for us it was worderd very carefully...

attachment.php?attachmentid=84300&stc=1&d=1215679806

It was shown as for "cruise critic" registered members...we did get one couple ask if they could come along, I think they met some of us at the pub before we sailed.

Don

470417363_CCMeetGreetcopy.jpg.997ea685647970609009872612397d76.jpg

Hi Glenda

Great idea for a Meet n Greet. We had a lovely one on our recent cruise in the Promenade bar 2nd sea day, which became our meet up place through out the cruise we named it "Geri's corner" and there was always a few of us CCers there around 8.30pm at night.

Just be careful how it is worded in the Pacific Daily, I have heard stories of strangers turning up to complain about their cruise experience or P&O, as thats what they thought Cruise Critic was!! :eek:

Chez

xx

Hi Chez,

Yes it was mentioned to me that it can be a problem and was suggested by Don that perhaps the wording will go along the lines of registered members who would like to discuss their future cruise plans, or similar.

Sounds good "Geri's corner" perhaps we will have to name our spot too:)

Yes, we had a great turnout and had a fantastic morning in the Bengal Bar. Most of us had already met but that didn't matter.

The hats were a fantastic idea and as there are a few of us on that cruise that are doing the Samoan Surprise next March we'll be wearing them again. We're thinking about t-shirts as well for next time

Hi Karen,

You must all be so excited about the next cruise together, I think it is wonderful that you can all do it as it makes it double the excitement. I love that before the cruise how excited everyone gets.

Love the T-shirt idea too!:)

What time in the Bengal bar?

There will be two of us Marg and Jamie

Hi Marg,

We all thought that 2.15 was good, but this may change as it may not suit P&O and there may already be a function on then the Bengal Bar. Don said that 10 am is good as it tends to be quiet then. Will advise as soon as I know.

We are now 6........whoo hoo

Hi Chez,

Followed your blog the whole way, looks like you had a blast on your cruise...well done.

When they put the notice in the Pacific Daily for us it was worderd very carefully...

attachment.php?attachmentid=84300&stc=1&d=1215679806

It was shown as for "cruise critic" registered members...we did get one couple ask if they could come along, I think they met some of us at the pub before we sailed.

Don

Don, that was the Welshies!! Geri and I had met them in the pub prior and told them about CC, so they gate crashed your party! Thank god we met them, some things are meant to be and they just made our cruise so much fun!!

Glad you enjoyed the Blog, we certainly enjoyed experiencing it first hand.

Chez

xx

hi we will be in the bengal bar to meet you all my husbands name is john, just a question we still havnt got are tickets is any one else in the same boat:(

Hi Sheridan,

Our blue folder hasn't arrived yet either:( but every day I live in hope and long to sniff, hug and cuddle it once it arrives! Will let you know as soon as ours arrives. Look forward to meeting John and yourself.

"CC Meet and Greet" and now we are 8........ whoo hoo

hi we will be in the bengal bar to meet you all my husbands name is john, just a question we still havnt got are tickets is any one else in the same boat:(

Still waiting for ours too! The ticketing seems a bit strange as some CC'ers on the cruise after ours have had theirs for ages.

Don, that was the Welshies!! Geri and I had met them in the pub prior and told them about CC, so they gate crashed your party! Thank god we met them, some things are meant to be and they just made our cruise so much fun!!

Glad you enjoyed the Blog, we certainly enjoyed experiencing it first hand.

Chez

xx

You beat me to it Chez. I actually met them outside one of the lifts before we sailed. They recognised my hat:D .

The day we went to see you of, Sylvia told me they're going to come to Sydney in March to see us off. I hope they do:) . Please Welshies, come & say goodbye. Better still, come cruise with us again.

We have had our tickets for ages now.

But still no mention on our cabin allocation!!!!!, so i guess we are all waiting on something.:(

Is that usual not to have your tickets at this late stage?:confused:

Archived