disney cruise with 3yo twins???

jamieng

We've been thinking about taking a disney cruise next spring. Our daughters will be 3 at the time, and my dh thinks we should wait another year. Please give me you honest opinions about cruising with young children. Should we wait????

TIA

I haven't done Disney, but I took my twins on a cruise for their 3rd birthday (and for the 1st and 2nd) - we had an absolute ball (as always). I think as long as kids are old enough to participate in the kids' programs (which on Disney - and just about every other line - they would be), you'll have a great time. Personally, I think you can have a great time even when they aren't old enough - but it is nice to get a break from each other here and there.

One thought, since Disney is so much more expensive than the others - if you choose a different cruise line, you can do a cruise when their 3 AND when they're 4.

Best,

Mia

Why wait, at age 3 they can fully experience the kids club as well as the pools, entertainment, etc.

Usually I 100% agree with Mia. Disney is VERY expensive and you could do 2 other cruises for the price. But, if your girls are really into princesses, THIS would be the age to do a Disney cruise.

We took Disney when my oldest was 4. Now we are doing it again now that my youngest is turning 4 as well.

So if you want to do Disney, now's the time. Once they get older, they will want to be on a ship with more adventurous activities.

Oh gosh - I didn't even consider the Princess possibility (what was I thinking??!!!). You're right, my girls would probably trade me and their dogs for a chance to spend a whole week with princesses. Ok, now I'M going to have to start looking into a Disney cruise.

Thanks Michelle!

Best,

Mia

Thanks for responding. Actually, I think my girls would like any cruise, but DH seems to think they'd do better on Disney. We cruise Royal Caribbean, and I know the girls would enjoy that too, but getting my DH to agree will be a challenge. He just thinks they're too young, but I say let's go!!!!!

OK well I just counted the RCCL cruises in your siggie and with 1 more you make Platinum...lol.

Honestly, it doesn't seem like you want to do Disney. So don't do it. My 8 year old says she prefers RCCL anyway.

Did you like Mariner and the Voyager class? What about persuading him to do the Freedom class. Then the kids would have LOTS to do.

I love RCCL but I think you would have a better time as a family on Disney. I took my twins for the first time when they were 5. That was our comfort time.(we also have 6 kids so we didn't really want to travel with really young kids--strollers etc-no thanks lol) You really are the only one that knows yours. Many people travel with kids and babies of all ages. We really really like Disney. Our kids are still "into that" even the 13 soon to be 14 yr old. Kids will only be at that age for a short time. We plan to do RCCL as a family once we are "sick" of DCL (if that day does come ;) )

Archived