Church?

violinm9

We will be in St. Petersburg on a Sunday. I was wondering if anyone knew if there was Catholic mass on the ship. One can't stray from the tour group to go to mass in St. Petersburg and I don't think there would be too many Catholic churches anyway.

Thank you in advance for the information.

If a priest is onboard, Oceania allows him to say Mass. It is normally said in the Lounge. If no priest is onboard, there is no Mass. We were fortunate on one Oceania cruise, unfortunate on another.

By the way, years ago we were told by a priest on HAL that it is the only line that actively tries to have a priest onboard with each cruise. This is done because the vast majority of its crew is Filipino. We don't know if this is still HAL's policy.

I don't know either but I was on Noordam shortly after it debuted. It just so happened that the cruise I was on fell on Easter, Passover and Ramadan. What a fabulous multi-cultural cruise that was.

There was a female Rabbi and Cantor for the Passover Seder. They closed off a portion of the Lido Cafe but had the mics open so we could hear it. There were Muslim celebrations --morning and night-- in one of the meeting rooms near the Explorations Cafe, and the Culinary Arts Center became home to Mass on both Good Friday and Easter Sunday.

It was great!

Jana

Archived