Triumph

code_d

Not much is found for the Triumph. Any information is appreciated. One burning question on our minds is to go with the ocean view room on the spa level, or go with a balcony state room. Anyone that can give the pros and cons would be much welcome. We are leaning towards the larger ocean view room on spa level, but have had balcony rooms in the past. We are hoping we made a good decision on this ship. But is a little worrisome that not many talk about it as long as it has been around. The price is great and we have an all day (8am-10pm) stop in cosumel, then only two other ports. thanks in advance.

We loved the Triumph when we sailed on her in Mar 08. She is a great ship, clean, and the crew was very friendly. We always have a balcony cabin and love them. Read our review and view our pictures of her.

I will check back in a couple of days to see if you have any questions about her.

Hey code d! We are sailing the Triumph for our first cruise, so unfortunately can't answer your questions other than to say we have a balcony cabin booked. There is a thread called Triumph past present and future that is around. Lots of people there with positive things to say. Sounds like you are doing the Western Carribean based on the Cozumel day, since that is our itinerary as well. Hope you have lots of fun, and let me know how it was! I am reading all reviews of all the ships trying to get thru the next 130 days! But I would love to read a Triumph review.

There was a group of us (8) and we all had a great time. The ship is a little older but it was very clean, the service was wonderful and we all enjoyed the food. We went to Puerto Rico, Grand Turk and their private island. :D

I was on the Triumph last year. It was my first cruise and I had a blast!!!! Trust me any room you chose will be worth it, though I doubt that you will spend much time in it!!!! I just used it to sleep, shower and change clothes!!! LOL:p

Been on the Triumph twice. Nice ship, lower prices. We had an aft balcony on the Veranda deck last time and loved it! If you look at any review of any ship, you'll find someone whining about it. Don't worry, it's a fine ship! As far as balcony or not, I vote for the balcony. You'll go up one deck to the Lido deck. On the Panorama, you go down.

Hi. We were on the spa deck on Triumph in Feb 2007. It was a great room and the service was great too. It is very quiet up there as there are limited rooms and not that many people......Very close to Lido deck. :) This time (Feb 2009) we are going with friends and family and we will have an extended balcony room. Looking forward to that too..... :D DSCF0261.jpg.4f9e3f016c8ef25b7510882161e71b8e.jpg

We sailed the Triumph out of Miami last August, 2007. It was wonderful!! We had oceanview-6B category I think and our room was really nice and roomy. My in-laws did not want oceanview and ended up with 3 of them in an inside cabin. They hated it!!! We invited my sis in law to sleep on our pull out couch because it was large enough to accomodate her 6 foot frame, without being let out.

We have never booked balcony, only oceanview and it suits us fine.

The ports on this trip were: Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk. We thoroughly enjoyed all of the ports--our favorites were St. Thomas and San Juan though.

Enjoy!!!

Angela

Not much is found for the Triumph. Any information is appreciated. One burning question on our minds is to go with the ocean view room on the spa level, or go with a balcony state room. Anyone that can give the pros and cons would be much welcome. We are leaning towards the larger ocean view room on spa level, but have had balcony rooms in the past. We are hoping we made a good decision on this ship. But is a little worrisome that not many talk about it as long as it has been around. The price is great and we have an all day (8am-10pm) stop in cosumel, then only two other ports. thanks in advance.

I am sailing on the Triumph October 19th just after the Dry Dock. I was told that the Cabins on the spa deck are to be converted to balconys the same as was done on the Victory. Check out the deck plans for boyh ships on the Spa deck, you will see what I mean.

I will be on the Triumph November 2-9 Great news to hear that she will be just our of dry dock!! Do you know of any other improvements they will be making?

My first cruise was on the Glory in Jan 07...I know Triumph is an older ship so I expect differences , but is there anything big I should be expecting? keep in mind I got an AMAZING deal on this cruise so short of asking me wash dishes NOTHING will be bothering me..... least of all the fact that I am on an "old ship" or "not every crew member kiss my feet!!!" !!!!!!

Ashley

I will be on the Triumph November 2-9 Great news to hear that she will be just our of dry dock!! Do you know of any other improvements they will be making?

My first cruise was on the Glory in Jan 07...I know Triumph is an older ship so I expect differences , but is there anything big I should be expecting? keep in mind I got an AMAZING deal on this cruise so short of asking me wash dishes NOTHING will be bothering me..... least of all the fact that I am on an "old ship" or "not every crew member kiss my feet!!!" !!!!!!

Ashley

Triumph is a great ship. I hear that it may be getting the Seaside Theater also. Some are also saying Flat screen Tv's in the cabins. As long as I am on the water I am Happy..:)

The Triumph is scheduled for drydock in early October and we sail on the 19th. Watch the prices as this is one of those sailings that are experiencing price drops.

those sailings? which ones? the one before or after the drydock?

I'll be cruising on her the week after you. I don't consider a 9-year old ship "old". I once sailed on one that was over 40 years old! And it was fine. ;)

I'll be sailing on her from Nov 9-16, too!:D

Specifically the ones in late Oct early Nov. Our sailing I have been able to secure price drops on inside cat, bal and 9a. Yes I said a price drop on a 9a. The price for a week is fabulous.

Thanks for the heads-up on the 9a Price drops. I just called my PVP and got a nice refund back to my credit card. I will also be on the Oct 19 sailing.

Great! Did you join our roll call? Are your sons coming with you?

I'll go look at the roll call board now. I was wondering how you knew I had 2 sons, but then I realized that my username says it all! :) My boys will both be sailing with us (one is 20 and one is 13). I'm the lead person for a large group (21 cabins) so we're going to have a great time on this trip! Can hardly wait!

Michelle

Archived