NYC - Carnival TBA room. How to drop luggage with porter?

CruiseinNJ

My mom has a TBA room assignent on the Carnival Victory leaving on 7/26 - her first cruise. She will not have her room assignment until check in, so had no luggage tags with her documents (she booked last minute). How does she handle her luggage? She won't be able to give it to the porters without tags/room numbers, will she??? She's 81 years old and traveling with her 84 year old friend, and I don't want them wandering around with luggage longer than needed. If it matters, she will be taking a car service to be dropped off at the pier. They will probably have two suitcases each, one of which will more than likely be her carry on.

We've always had our room assignment ahead of time, so I can't help her out on this one..... I know I can count on cruise critic members to help her out here!:D

We had a TBA assignment on our first cruise out of NYC on Victory. The porter had a manifest with all the cabin numbers, so all we had to do was write in the cabin number when we left our bags with the porter (we had gray "TBA" tags back then, but the porter also had extra tags). You might want to consider printing out labels with your mom's information (name, ship, sailing date, phone) so they can be attached to tags at the pier when she drops off the bags.

Archived