Baltic shopping

jlg172

I am going on a Baltic cruise in August and I am looking for some shopping advice from those of you that have been there. Where is the best places for shopping (cities, shops, etc) Where is the best stop to buy amber, Russion souveniors, crystal, woolens, etc? Also, any tips on eating in the various ports would be appreciated! Thanks ahead of time!!

We did the Baltic Cruise last August. We found the best place to buy woolens was in Tallinn, Estonia. They have a "sweater wall" just inside the main entrance to the old town. It is down a street on your right as you enter. They have beautiful sweaters, capes, etc. there and very reasonable compared to prices we saw elsewhere in the Baltic. My husband had to hold the cash that day so I wouldn't go nuts. I believe they only take cash also.

The most reasonable place to purchase Russian Souvenirs is in Russia. You have to be on a excursion to go into port in St. Petersburg. We did one day in Moscow and one day in St. Petersburg. You can find things just about everywhere. There is even a small shop right on the dock at passport control as well.

We found a lot of Amber in Klaipedia. There are several shops, as well as an outdoor market in the square. I found a small amber drop with an ant in it very reasonable at one of the shops near the square. Also, if you go on the Amber museum tour, they have a very nice shop there as well.

Archived