Sailing in Dec 2008 - How's the weather?

Hooked4Good

Hey all,

We are booked on Ecstasy for Dec 18th. Anyone else booked for this cruise?

This is going to be a Christmas present to my family from mom-in-law. We are so excited, My husband and I took a 4 day cruise on Ecstasy July 2005 by ourselves, this time our son, 23; daughter, 20; and in-laws will be going with us. Wish it would be a longer cruise, we found out last time 4 day was just not long enough. We've got side-by-side cabins on the Upper Deck oceanview cabins this time. Already started planning what to take. Been reading the forums and I think that is making me even more impatient about going. Hope to talk with whoever else is going.

One question I have though is, what kind of weather can we expect on the gulf for this trip? This will be our 2nd cruise and we want to make sure and get it right. :)

We sailed 12/05 and 12/07 and had beautiful weather both times. It may be a little chilly on deck in the evenings so you will definately want some windbreakers or sweaters, I think that may be mostly because of the ship movement more than the weather. The days were beautiful and that has become our favorite time to sail. (Don't have to worry about hurricanes!)

Cathy

We usually sail the same week as you, due to school vacations. (I teach, and 2 teens in h.s.) We have always had great weather. I agree on bringing a light jacket/sweatshirt - though we use them more for the dining rooms/shows than for being out on deck at night. Port days have always been in the 80's, so no jackets needed then! Enjoy your cruise!

We have cruised several times during December because the rates are so good and have had had great weather every time. We will be cruising December 14 this year and next year we will be on the DREAM for Christmas.

We Cruised the Lesser Antilles a couple of years ago on the Sun Princess. We sailed through Xmas & Newyears for 2wks. The weather was fantastic. When you are that close to the equator how can you go wrong. Even the nights are warm.Mid 80's in the daytime, mid 70's at night.enjoy your cruise.

Archived