practice

I am fixing to make it a point to get a lot more practice in before my upcoming Alaska trip. Let me share the stupid thing I have done. I noticed today that my Auto focus (AF) was not working right. It would act like it was trying to focus but would never lock on subject. I went today to try and work on the rules of thirds and my pictures were not sharp. I was getting ready to take my camera back to the shop on Monday. Tonight I got my book out and was reading. (I read it a few nights a week. I even reread) I knew that the focus was something I had messed up playing with the settings so I read how to reset the settings and did so. That did not help. I kept reading and then realized I had put the AF on lock. It has been like that since fefore the 4th I think. I can't believe I got any good fireworks pictures. I just thought I would share. I can't wait to take my camera out in the afternoon to see how much better I can do when I can focus.

Don't feel bad...I've taken tons of photos...only to get to looking at them and thinking, "what the heck went wrong here?". Then I've looked at the camera and realized I had it on COMPLETELY the wrong setting :eek: I think we all do it from time to time!!

I just thought I would share. I can't wait to take my camera out in the afternoon to see how much better I can do when I can focus.

That's the idea! The out-of-focus shots weren't a waste...they were a lesson!

I have a long list of such lessons that for the sake of my pride, I'll not share them all! To give you an idea, let's just say that film is an important part of photography...:o

Dave

let's just say that film is an important part of photography...:o

I did that every once in a while and usually cried when I discovered it. :(

The silliest thing I've done recently is when I was trying to get those shots of the Solstice Moon. I kept having trouble getting a sharp photo, blamed it on the wind, and finally called my husband out to help. (He being much more photo-savvy than I.) As he was walking out to my location, I commented that the moon didn't seem to be rising as fast as it had the previous night when I'd also tried to shoot. He looked through the viewfinder, glanced up in the direction the lens was pointed, and then said, "Uh, honey...that's a neighbor's PORCH LIGHT, not the moon." Argh!

Let's just say that I hope the Lasik I had on Thursday improves my night vision. :D

Robin

Then I've looked at the camera and realized I had it on COMPLETELY the wrong setting :eek:

I think we all do it from time to time!!

Yuh think?

My favorite is to unwittingly have it on setting P

and then everything comes out all cute and blue!:mad:

Then when I get home to discover that:mad:, the air around me turns strangely green:mad:

Now I've learned to check the stooopid function wheel

every every time I pluck the camera out of the little soft-case I use

coz that's when it happens!

Had a lovely series of Emerald Princess one morning - all blue.

Here's an example.

EPrincess-05A.jpg.c85b2b89bb67cb42d12c263c823b89e6.jpg

Archived