Kotor excursions?

poss

Down Under: From my own reading, Budva seems the right pick also. But I don't know a whole lot. (Disappointed that there hasn't been response from previous Regent cruisers; it's not a new port for them, I don't believe.)

I've been doing more and more reading-- and now the Perast excursion sounds more worthwhile. May just explore Kotor. We're getting sticker shock from the excursion prices.

When we were in Kotor last summer, we enjoyed walking around the old town. It was quite nice and can be less expensive than the excursions. Lots of shoe shops and some beggars with small children. I found if we said, "No" once they did not bother us again.

We arrived at the dock a few yards from where taxis were offering 4 different tours. We took one that ascended the mountain with fantastic views.

We continued to Cetinje for a walk and a glass of wine, then on to Budva, known as the resort capital . We lunched in a large garden next to the square and did some strolling.

There is an island offshore which has some expensive real estate and is a mecca for the 'jet set.' We had no time to 'gaze in awe.'

Having arrived via the mountain route, we returned along the coastal route.

The day started about 9 and we arrived at the ship at about 4, in time to spend an hour strolling the area. The cost for two couples was surprisingly low, and the driver had enough English to get by.

This was early May. Montenegro had just gained its independance. We were very impressed with the friendliness of the many people we talked to, and the cleanliness. The Dinaric alps are awesome.

Our cruise continued from Dubrovnik NW along the coast to Rovinj. On the whole, this was one of our best cruises. Croatia is wonderful in all aspects.

Archived