Long Beach Airport (LGB) to San Pedro Pier

Kokopelli

OK, just to be sure before we make our airline reservations, I understand the Long Beach Airport is only a few minutes to the Los Angeles (aka San Pedro) Pier, where the Norwegian Star docks. And that flying into Long Beach is closer than trying to get to the pier from LAX. Is all this correct? (We can fly from Phoenix to the Long Beach Airport for under $100 pp RT on America West.) Thanks.

I've researched this a bit since we are flying into LGB in Dec for a cruise out of San Pedro. Evidently LGB is the most convenient and much less congested than LAX. As best as I can determine cab fare is about 25-30 bucks for the 10 or so miles. Shuttles are also available. Check out this link and HAPPY CRUISING.

http://www.longbeach.gov/airport/airline_travelers/ground_transportation.asp

Hello drhallmah,

You are correct that the Long Beach Airport is the closest to the Cruise Ship terminal in San Pedro. Depending on traffice, it may take you only about 15 minutes or so via taxi (give or take a few minutes)..

If there is any other info you may need, I or other people as you notice on these boards will help and try to answer all your questions..

Hope you will have a little time to check out Long Beach prior to boarding the cruise ship.. It is very nice..

Have a really great cruise..

(Gray) Fish4ever

Archived