Millenium Aft Cabin Balconies

Giorgi-one

Based on the brocure sketch, which I know is not always accurate, the following outside aft cabins appear to have larger balconies:

Sky Deck - 9156 & 9197

Panorama Deck - 8166 & 8181

Vista Deck - 7199 & 7202

Can anyone verify if this is true?

Those are the FV cabins and yes the balconies are HUGE...however, the part that juts out is also solid (not glass) so when sitting you cannot see out the back, but you can see out the glass to the side. There was another thread recently that had some great pictures of these balconies...can't remember what the title was.

I've been in an aft cabin in the center (not one of the FV's)...Handicapped cabin 8176. There is a partial overhang so you usually had your choice of shade or sun (which was great)...if you pulled your chair closer to the rail you were in the sun, BUT, people could look down on you from above (we didn't care). Of course, depending on the direction you were traveling and where the sun was, there were of course times where you were either in all sun or all shade, too.

The FV's DO NOT get the CC perks nor any of the suite perks! You just get that GREAT, large cabin!!! Ours was fantastic (as the pix indicate!)

Rosie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

We had 9156 on the 3/7 sailing. It was FANTASTIC!!!! The room and veranda were wonderful. What fun eating breakfast on the veranda every morning. IMHO, you can't go wrong with a aft FV on a Millineum class ship.

KG in Tennessee

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KGinTN:

We had 9156 on the 3/7 sailing. It was FANTASTIC!!!! The room and veranda were wonderful. What fun eating breakfast on the veranda every morning. IMHO, you can't go wrong with a aft FV on a Millineum class ship.

KG in Tennessee<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have 9156 booked for July. I have heard stories about noise problems on this deck. Can you tell me how it was for you? I have to make my mind up very soon and it is between this cabin and another that costs more. Will we be happy if I stick with 9156? Which ship were you on? Thanks for anything you can tell me.

I could not get a Concierge Class (CC)aft balcony for 1/16/05 Millenium sailing - they were already booked. I booked CC cabin 9043 which is located toward the front and appears to have a larger balcony which is on an angle. Has anyone been in this cabin or the matching cabin on the starboard side?

Other choice would be a CAT 1A aft balcony on Deck 8 but does not get CC perks which seem like a great deal for $50 extra per person. Any comments?

I would take the aft balcony at all times!!! We absolutely die for them--they are huge & so wonderful to sit & watch the wake. Especially at night, there are big lights shinning out over the water, it's really beautiful.

The CC perks are nice, but not as big a deal as having the huge balcony!

Just MHO!!

Rosie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

I would take the aft balcony at all times!!! We absolutely die for them--they are huge & so wonderful to sit & watch the wake. Especially at night, there are big lights shining out over the water, it's really beautiful.

The CC perks are nice, but not as big a deal as having the huge balcony!

Just MHO!!

Rosie

Then I would take one of the aft cabins on Deck 9 if I wanted to try CC...remember, a lot of people have complained about the mid-ship cabins as being very noisy being under the pool...I think that is why Celebrity chose to convert them...sort of like taking lemons and making lemondade.

Archived