First timers...Can't wait!

storm15

We will be cruising on the Sky Aug 15-Aug 18 and booked a balcony room on deck 9. Very very excited to read reviews here as soon as someone returns, but I know to read with a open mind (have traveled alot and have learned to read between the lines)

some newbie type questions:

Important ones: I registered us online and printed our Ticket/edocs do I need anything else???

Taking a 14 year old son along...activities on ship ideas? Is it ok to leave him with the other teens at the teen club, I am a little concerned about boys messing around and him going overboard....ack! Just a worry wort here I know I know its silly....just being a MOM.

Should we bother with formal/dressy wear for a short cruise? We will be heading to Key West on disembark day and luggage is an issue.

I know its freestyle, but since its our first cruise we don't want to look out of place in the specialty restaraunts. Will dress slacks/shirt be ok for the guys? Capris/blouse for me? Or should bring a little dressier items?

Any tips? I know I should bring conditioner....lol:p

We will be cruising on the Sky Aug 15-Aug 18 and booked a balcony room on deck 9. Very very excited to read reviews here as soon as someone returns, but I know to read with a open mind (have traveled alot and have learned to read between the lines)

some newbie type questions:

Important ones: I registered us online and printed our Ticket/edocs do I need anything else???

Taking a 14 year old son along...activities on ship ideas? Is it ok to leave him with the other teens at the teen club, I am a little concerned about boys messing around and him going overboard....ack! Just a worry wort here I know I know its silly....just being a MOM.

Should we bother with formal/dressy wear for a short cruise? We will be heading to Key West on disembark day and luggage is an issue.

I know its freestyle, but since its our first cruise we don't want to look out of place in the specialty restaraunts. Will dress slacks/shirt be ok for the guys? Capris/blouse for me? Or should bring a little dressier items?

Any tips? I know I should bring conditioner....lol:p

leave the fomal wear at home and enjoy the casual dress: slacks, polos or nice sport shirts fine for the men in your life: capris, even in the specialty dining rooms are very acceptable if they are neat and you wear a cute blouse.

Sure, leave your 14 with other teens, he will have a great time and unless he is completely out of control I wouldn't worry about him going overboard.

If you have regsitered on line and have your e-docs you are fine.

for a short cruise I don't think I would worry about any extras, you are right the luggage is an issue in todays travels.

I would suggest a hair dryer if you have very long or thick hair: some think the ones on the ship are not quite strong enough. For me, I am more than happy with what they furnish and hate any extra weight.

Most of all, be prepared to have a great time.

Nita

Thanks Nita....

Hadn't thought about the hair dryer, I have short hair so usually its not an issue. We should be fine. But I should check our hotel in Key west for after the cruise.

14 year is very laid back, sports oriented, video type kid. Very little trouble at all. Thank God! His siblings are older so no one to fight with, or get into trouble with.

We are excited and nervous at the same time. :) Looking forward to it. Our youngest daughter is getting married the weekend prior so we will need some down time on the cruise too. :)

Archived